News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 69 Project (General Lee)

Started by Bobby41909, August 11, 2010, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby41909

Quote from: jb666 on October 23, 2011, 02:48:21 PM
Not sure if it's been posted, but I found this while searching this morning...

http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6750026/miscellaneous/lake-mirror-classic-auto-festival-lakeland-florida/index.html

Your signs are funny, almost identical to those I was "forced" to make up last year due to all of the STUPID ASS QUESTIONS I got asked.  :lol:

SWEET...thanks for sharing I didn't realize I got mentioned

jb666

Quote from: Bobby41909 on October 23, 2011, 05:36:41 PM
Quote from: jb666 on October 23, 2011, 02:48:21 PM
Not sure if it's been posted, but I found this while searching this morning...

http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6750026/miscellaneous/lake-mirror-classic-auto-festival-lakeland-florida/index.html

Your signs are funny, almost identical to those I was "forced" to make up last year due to all of the STUPID ASS QUESTIONS I got asked.  :lol:

SWEET...thanks for sharing I didn't realize I got mentioned
No problem, I'm always on the prowl!!

Bobby41909

Guess who won Best of Show at today's Mason Dixon - Best of the Best Car Show???  The GENERAL!!!!  So much fun and what an awesome day...

Check out what other Mopar was there:  an original Richard Petty race car restored by Richard Petty Enterprise:

Of course my son was crazy excited about it because he thought it was "The King" from Disney's movie Cars....and he's right...but seeing it in person was cool to his face (although it's sporting his first football injury)

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Bobby41909

Went to another car show this weekend.  Really different, probably because of halloween, there was a Circus with elephants, clowns and miniture ponies.  Also a Monster Truck mud pulling show.  Like I said very different but also very cool and lots of fun for my son.

The General won Best Mopar!

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Back N Black

Quote from: Bobby41909 on October 23, 2011, 05:54:17 PM
Guess who won Best of Show at today's Mason Dixon - Best of the Best Car Show???  The GENERAL!!!!  So much fun and what an awesome day...

Of course my son was crazy excited about it because he thought it was "The King" from Disney's movie Cars....and he's right...but seeing it in person was cool to his face (although it's sporting his first football injury)

Congrats, it nice to see all of your hard work paying off.  :2thumbs:

JoeyGowdy

Looks perfect ... keep up the great work!!

:2thumbs:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

model maker

Great post Bob ! what a beautiful 69 Charger :cheers: You DID it right & it shows I am not a big fan of General Lees, but WOW, WHAT A BEAUTY !!!!! You have a 1969 Dodge Charger that is 100 times BETTER than factory, great job and Great car !
Bert :2thumbs:
MODEL MAKER

Bobby41909

Thanks for all the nice comments. 

The past few weeks have been so crazy.  Yes, I knew I dropped a CRAZY amount of money and time in this Charger so you hope folks would appreciate the effort.  The response isn't anything like what I expected.  It appears everyone loves the General, even those that I can tell aren't General fans can appreciate the attention to detail and quality of the restoration.

I don't have room for anymore 4ft trophies  :cheers:

This past weekend I attended the Dupont Registery show at Innisbrook Golf Course because the General Manager of Dupont saw the car (and me) at another show and said I had to bring her.  So I did and what an event, full of big money cars.  The icing on the cake was getting a 30 minute interview by Jake, the host of the TV show - Tail Fins and Chrome.  They shot the General from every angle possible.  In Jake's words "it is the best Charger I've ever seen" and he loved that I could change her to a stock looking factory R/T in an afternoon.

He said he'd let me know when the show airs so I'll post it here if anyone wants to see it. 

What a blast the past few weeks have been for both me and my family (yes my son has attended every show with me and really enjoys riding in the back seat when we leave with all the other show cars)  :icon_smile_big:

Memphis Mopar

Bob I had Josh come down a few weeks ago and had him look at my charger. If all goes well it will be going to his shop in Feb. Getting excited !!

nvrbdn

good for you and your family to have all this fun with a beautiful car :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

kamkuda

The trophy is bigger than your boy.  I am sure that this will be great memories for your family.

Bobby41909

Well although the rear-end set-up we went with works fine, it's not the MUSCLE I had envisioned.  The 512cu stroker is certainly strong enough to push the car around and the rear-end (2.76 gear) works great on the highway.  BUT it's just not the snap your neck back muscle car that apparently I want now.

SO....I got a 3.91 gear for it and a Gear Vendors coming.  Hopefully both will be installed before Christmas so I can tear up the streets while I am on vacation.  I'll post pictures and maybe that video I keep talking about... ;D

tan top

Quote from: Bobby41909 on December 14, 2011, 06:47:43 AM
Well although the rear-end set-up we went with works fine, it's not the MUSCLE I had envisioned.  The 512cu stroker is certainly strong enough to push the car around and the rear-end (2.76 gear) works great on the highway.  BUT it's just not the snap your neck back muscle car that apparently I want now.

SO....I got a 3.91 gear for it and a Gear Vendors coming.  Hopefully both will be installed before Christmas so I can tear up the streets while I am on vacation.  I'll post pictures and maybe that video I keep talking about... ;D

nice looking GL  :2thumbs:

Video Eh  cool  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mopar2

Just saw and read all, Great looking car :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :cheers: :cheers:
Now that you're getting to take it out and to shows, you're getting to realize just how much Mopar Man Jim was right LOL. My General has been done almost 4 years. While it was being built I had all sorts of bashing, by the people I work with, so much I almost left the decals off!!! Now that it's done and a shop full of trophy's  ;) glad I did  :icon_smile_big:  A few might not like, it doesn't change mine is a real R/T, numbers matching, 69, Charger, is under those decals ROFLOL. Again your car looks Great and yes it's very nerve racking how people flock to it, non GL owners would not understand the pressure LOL Now get off the forum and go for a drive :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Oh and the day you go pick up the kiddos from school in it!!!!!!! Is Frikin amazing!!!!!!!   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 02, 2011, 01:27:15 PM
Quote from: magnum on January 02, 2011, 11:49:12 AM
Your car looks amazing and your doing a great job! :2thumbs: I have a General as well, not as nice but it suits me ;). I don't understand the hate towards all Gal's but maybe its CZ there are so many? Well not around here and all the attention I get are usually from younger kids which I think is cool. Keeps them interested in the old muscle I think but that's just my :Twocents:. It just amazes me CZ all it is is wheels and stickers. Keep up the good work man!

I think I know why they are haters out there in this hobby for. You see in the charger land that we are in, we have two parts, 1) we have what is original 2ND gen chargers (factory) ones, ones that are restored to factory specs, the modified versions as well. 2) we have the Dukes version which is you guess it the General Lee that gets alto more attention then the factory chargers get. I mean you can have a friend take his plan charger to a car show and you take a General Lee to the same show and see which one gets more attention. There when this happens the other guy or lady with there plan charger gets jealous because there charger isn't getting the much attention like the General Lee one is getting. It doesn't mater how much money a person spends on there car to put it back to factory or to even General tie a charger.. the fact is and will always remain that the General Lee will always get more viewers more then likely then an any R/T, R/T S/E or other charger one will get. It is what the viewer likes and if they like it they will look at it. But what the funny part about the haters are is this, they like to put down the General Lee, but yet they say they love chargers but you know something, if they open there eyes up more and look they will see that the car they are hating is infact a charger under all that stuff. So there for when they cut down the General Lee they are cutting down the same kind of car they like or have as well at the same time and that is a "charger".  

I think the car in this thread looks great as a plan charger or even as a General Lee. I love looking at the photos of the progress of the car.  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: Bobby41909 on December 14, 2011, 06:47:43 AM

You will LOVE the combo  :cheers: I definitely don't regret buying the GV unit!

Bobby41909

Quote from: jb666 on December 15, 2011, 08:12:01 PM

You will LOVE the combo  :cheers: I definitely don't regret buying the GV unit!
[/quote

All signs point to it being installed next week.  It was manufactured last week and shipped on Tuesday.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bobby41909

Update:  There was a delay getting the Gear Vendor so it didn't get installed before Christmas like I had hoped.  BUT, I just heard from Josh and it's in NOW.  Looks like we need to change the exhaust around (X to H) to make it all go back neatly.  I'll tell you the GV takes up alot of space under there.
The plan is to pick it the car Saturday morning on the way to a local show.  Can't wait to feel the difference between the 2.76 rearend gears and the new 3.91 with Gear Vendors :2thumbs:   

b5blue

jb666

Quote from: Bobby41909 on January 17, 2012, 02:18:41 PM
Update:  There was a delay getting the Gear Vendor so it didn't get installed before Christmas like I had hoped.  BUT, I just heard from Josh and it's in NOW.  Looks like we need to change the exhaust around (X to H) to make it all go back neatly.  I'll tell you the GV takes up alot of space under there.
The plan is to pick it the car Saturday morning on the way to a local show.  Can't wait to feel the difference between the 2.76 rearend gears and the new 3.91 with Gear Vendors :2thumbs:   

Yeah, a bit of modification was necessary, but not a lot..

The first time you drive it you'll realize it was 100% worth it.   :cheers:

When's the line lock going in?

flyboyedwards

I have said it before, and I will gladly say it again............. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! GREAT JOB BOB!!!!!!

Bobby41909

Took the General out this past weekend to test the new rear end gear and Gear Vendor set-up.  Holy Crap :woohoo:, what a difference!  Went from a 2.76 to a 3.91 also installed a larger carb (Holley 850 Street HP).  She lights up the tires like nothing and pulls like crazy!!!!! :drive:   A flip of the switch activates the GV and I am cruising at 70 mph at around 2,000 rpm :punkrocka:

I couldn't be happier.  Gear Vendor is awesome :notworthy:

nvrbdn

sounds great. new toys are always fun to test. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RIDELIKEHELL

What a great win! I love that General! Cheers man.... :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73