News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New toy....ANOTHER Mustang 'vert

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, August 10, 2010, 06:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

OK, first off,  flame suit on!!   :no:
Since some of us are airing out our dirty laundry, I figured I would as well ;)

Just picked up a '99 Mustang GT convertible 35th Anniversary with the Limited Edition package.  60k miles & stock right down to the muflers & air intake.  Only thing added was the styling bar & the goofy projector headlights.   Also the second owner stupidly dyed the silver inserts red  :slap:   Ill be redying the correct silver soon & getting a stock set of headlights.

In '99 Ford built 4,628 Mustangs (hardtop & convertibles) with the LE option package.  It was a $2,800 option.

It included a hood scoop, black stripe on hood, blacked out tail panel, special polished rims, black & silver leather seats, silver dash bezel, silver shifter handle (5-speed) and special floor mats.  Basically an appearance package. 
Only came in 4 colors....Performance Red(99 LE color only), black, silver & white.

Breakdowns by body style:
Coupe - 2318
Convertible - 2310.
Breakdowns by color:
Red - 1555
Black - 1299
Silver - 1259
White - 515

1,979 Automatics and 2,649 5 Speeds
2,226 with black convertible tops and 84 with white tops (on white cars only)

Performance Red cars:
884 coupes / 671 convertibles
388 automatic 'verts / 283 5 speed manual 'verts

This car is supposedly one of 283----ish.

Because of its "collector" status, I can insure it on my classic insurance :)
Overall a fun car to drive.....maybe I'll keep this one longer than the 92 I had a few years ago :rotz:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

Dans 68

Nice car.  ;) 

No flames from the edukated. (sic)  :rofl:  Most of us own more than one car, and they can't all (nor need they be) Mopars. I own 2 Chevy trucks, a BMW 535i, a Jeep Cherokee, a Volvo S80, a '73 Charger and a '68 Charger. I also have a Honda motorcycle. I like to think of myself as well-rounded (but the pounds are coming off.... :slap:)

Again, nice car.  :2thumbs:

Dan

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Charger-Bodie

Nice car Chris! Did you get rid of the Honda or is the just an additional car?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver R/T

Nice Mustang. I have one of my own, they're definitely fun
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71ChallengeHer

Chris, Looks like a fun car.  :2thumbs:  No flames from me.  :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 10, 2010, 07:43:49 PM
Nice car Chris! Did you get rid of the Honda or is the just an additional car?

Nah its an add on....this definitely aint a daily driver to commute in traffic with :nono:
I got rid of the first Mustang I had because it became a hassle to juggle the cars.  kids hated that I sold it.  Ever since April when I rented that Corvette 'vert at the Barret-Jackson auction I got the itch for another one...

Thanks for all the comments (good & bad) ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RD

dude, i like it alot.  my wife would be drooling right now if she was next to me (about the car of course! hehe :D )

congrats on the buy, sure its gonna be a hoot to drive.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mauve66

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 10, 2010, 07:27:27 PM
Nice car.  ;) 

No flames from the edukated. (sic)  :rofl:  Most of us own more than one car, and they can't all (nor need they be) Mopars. I own 2 Chevy trucks, a BMW 535i, a Jeep Cherokee, a Volvo S80, a '73 Charger and a '68 Charger. I also have a Honda motorcycle. I like to think of myself as well-rounded (but the pounds are coming off.... :slap:)

Again, nice car.  :2thumbs:

Dan

are you sure..........................??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jb666

We just got my wife a 2003 Mustang convertible, so I can't flame you. I wasted YEARS of my life in the Corvette world when I should have been doing one of these up. GREAT car. Very comfortable... And the sky's the limit with modding these things, CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Triple black.5 speed. 38k miles. Clean. Scored it for $10k cash.. So the deals ARE out there!! With the left-over $$, we did a Roush bar, full exhaust, intake and a bucketload of audio enhancements.. Not to mention HID's to replace the HORRIBLE stock headlights that come on these cars...

Good luck with it, and have fun!!

1969chargerrtse

Nice looking car there Chris.  A 2010 or 11 red convert Mustang drove by me yesterday and I was telling someone how nice those cars are. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

I like it! One of these days I'd like to pick up a 2001 Bullitt. I've been saying that for years though. Now I'm leaning more towards a 2003-2004 Mach 1 or, ideally, a Cobra. Definitely not something I'd be driving every day but they're fun cars and more reliable than my 40 year old cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

captnsim

Nice stang! I had a 99 GT I sold about 5 years ago. Fun car.
I still have a set of stock lights, in like new condition (the smoked ones) wasting away in the shop. Your welcome to have them for the cost of shipping.
PM if interested.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: captnsim on August 11, 2010, 02:02:10 PM
Nice stang! I had a 99 GT I sold about 5 years ago. Fun car.
I still have a set of stock lights, in like new condition (the smoked ones) wasting away in the shop. Your welcome to have them for the cost of shipping.
PM if interested.

Woah PM sent!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Very nice Chris.....I like it! I've been making money lately by selling parts for '99-'04 Stangs for a friend of mine. I had a whole bunch of stuff at one point...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RJS

Hey Chris,  well you know I like it!!!  But I was "offended"  by your can't be a daily driver.  Mine is and I love it that way!!!! :nana:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yup Ron, yours is a beauty but you have to remember where you USED TO live to comment about daily drivers ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

chris --- If you don't have one, I have the convertible boot top off my wife's '99 GT Vert..it sat in my basement for years and was never used... It really "completes" the look of the car with the top down... Much like the Capn's generous offer, if you want it, it's yours for the cost of shipping!!

Jeff

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on August 12, 2010, 06:46:30 PM
chris --- If you don't have one, I have the convertible boot top off my wife's '99 GT Vert..it sat in my basement for years and was never used... It really "completes" the look of the car with the top down... Much like the Capn's generous offer, if you want it, it's yours for the cost of shipping!!

Jeff

Woah!   Another PM sent!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Just 6T9 CHGR

Any one else wanna contribute?  :whistling:

Thanks all!!

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 12, 2010, 07:13:27 PM
Any one else wanna contribute?  :whistling:

Thanks all!!

;)

If you need any interior parts I still got dark grey & black '99-'04 Mustang stuff I don't need :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 12, 2010, 07:14:14 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 12, 2010, 07:13:27 PM
Any one else wanna contribute?  :whistling:

Thanks all!!

;)

If you need any interior parts I still got dark grey & black '99-'04 Mustang stuff I don't need :shruggy:

Hmmmm...actually the pass side window switch bezel tab is broken off mine & loose  :scratchchin:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T