News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's Your Feelings on these Wiretapps?...

Started by Brock Samson, December 20, 2005, 08:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 26, 2005, 10:20:50 PM
The ACLU was founded by a communist, Roger Baldwin.

Must be some relation to Alec. :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: TK73 on December 27, 2005, 12:14:25 AM
I borrowed Charged brass knuckles...   :icon_smile_big:

Never bring brass knuckles to a gun fight. :o

TK73

ChargerBill

Yeah, Alec and William are idiots...

BTW: Just to be clear, The Unitarian Church has NO affiliation with Christianity, does NOT believe in Christ and doesn't read or follow the Bible. This Roger Baldwin moron belonged to a looney cultish group called the Unitarians...a bunch of tin foil hat wearing nut jobs.

Also, I wil agree to disagree and leave it a that.
Life is a highway...

Afflyer

I think we all can consider this thread DEAD.

:devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Khyron

I'm late into this.... so i'm not sure if it's been said. but my opinion is I have nothing to hide, so I don't care.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TK73

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 27, 2005, 02:51:09 AM

BTW: Just to be clear, The Unitarian Church has NO affiliation with Christianity, does NOT believe in Christ and doesn't read or follow the Bible. This Roger Baldwin moron belonged to a looney cultish group called the Unitarians...a bunch of tin foil hat wearing nut jobs.

Yeah, these guys sure do sound like a bunch of loons:

http://www.uua.org/aboutuua/principles.html
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote

* The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
    * Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
    * Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
    * A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
    * The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
    * The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
    * Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

Bill, with all due respect, who is it that you don't despise?  Really, whoever doesn't agree with you is either a moron, a pervert or a terrorist.  I don't intend to start a war here, however you rarely have anything positive to say about anybody and never about a person who does not hold your world view...

PS, there are many decent people on this planet who are not Christians, and don't need to be.

Brock Samson

well the thread may die but the issue remains...
at least in my mind.  :eyes:

CFMopar

Well I guess I'll add my .02  to this. As many of you probley know. Toronto has had a record year for gun violence. Now as much as I love my privacy I would not be opposed to house to house searches in order to find the people with illigal guns.I have nothing to hide and would not be opposed to having an officer search my house. Now on that note. I dont like the idea of secret wire taps. The difference? The officer is going to knock on my door inform me he is going to search my house and then leave after. Wire taps I dont know about.

Just my .02 on how I feel about it :scope:
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

my73charger

Well said Bill.     :iagree:

ChargerBill

Since you asked, this is what I don't care for:

(Excerpts from "We Are Unitarian Universalists", pamphlet #3047)
http://www.uua.org/aboutuu/weare.html

Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion -- that is, a religion that keeps an open mind to the religious questions people have struggled with in all times and places. We believe that personal experience, conscience and reason should be the final authorities in religion, and that in the end religious authority lies not in a book or person or institution, but in ourselves.

This is just worship of self wrapped up in a nice. pretty package...a bunch of loons.

and here's a gem:

We believe that religious wisdom is ever changing. Human understanding of life and death, the world and its mysteries, is never final. Revelation is continuous. We celebrate unfolding truths known to teachers, prophets, and sages throughout the ages.

Basically they don't believe in ANYTHING because there are too many possibilities. They don't subscribe to faith of any sort. A religion dedicated to the belief in NOTHING...oooh, sign me up.

If you REALLY want, I could give you a point by point breakdown of what is wrong (IMO) with this RELIGION, but I don't see that as being necessary or constructive with regards to this topic. Actaully, all I really want is for all fellow Christians and those leaning toward Christianity to know that this religion is cultish and wrong. It doesn't matter to me what non-Christians or athiests who truly hate Christianity think of it, because they won't change their minds anyway...so what's the point? Basically, the only reason I say what I do about Unitarians is for the benefit of believers in Christ.

And just so you all know, Christianity isn't about religion, it's about Christ and your relationship with Him... period. Fellowship, service attendance and Bible study are things you do out of a desire to be closer to God and to worship, but they will not bring you closer to God unless your heart is right. You cannot simply be obedient and "good" (as many believe) and expect to be closer to God and go to heaven, you have to actually have faith and trust that Christ is the only way to salvation as repeatedly stated in the Bible. I know, all non-Christians, athiests, agnostics, etc... are shaking their heads and hate what I just said or simply don't understand it...like I said before, a lot of my response to these topics is for the benefit of fellow Christians.

I already said it, I agree to disagree...so let's leave it at that.

BTW: In before the   :dancinglock: ...because we all know that's what's coming next.
Life is a highway...

my73charger

Quote from: TK73 on December 28, 2005, 12:50:50 AM

Yeah, these guys sure do sound like a bunch of loons:

http://www.uua.org/aboutuua/principles.html
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote

* The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
     * Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
     * Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
     * A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
     * The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
     * The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
     * Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

Bill, with all due respect, who is it that you don't despise?   Really, whoever doesn't agree with you is either a moron, a pervert or a terrorist.   I don't intend to start a war here, however you rarely have anything positive to say about anybody and never about a person who does not hold your world view...

PS, there are many decent people on this planet who are not Christians, and don't need to be.

TK,

I just have a question.   If we as Christians are indeed correct and there is a God, and He intends for us to serve Him, does your denial of Him give you an excuse?   Do you deny that there is a God at all or do you just refuse to serve Him regardless?

PS, I am not trying to pick a fight I am just curious as to your postion in regard to this arguement.

Khyron

Quote from: my73charger on December 28, 2005, 06:09:45 PM

TK,

I just have a question.   If we as Christians are indeed correct and there is a God, and He intends for us to serve Him, does your denial of Him give you an excuse?   Do you deny that there is a God at all or do you just refuse to serve Him regardless?

PS, I am not trying to pick a fight I am just curious as to your postion in regard to this arguement.

I must say, even though the question is not directed at me. That’s most likely the best thought out and worded way to ask that question that I've ever seen. As an Atheist, I'm asked that a lot. But not so kindly ;)

I can speak for myself, I don't believe in a God. There is no "refuse to server" in my eyes. I believe, if you believe in a God, but refuse to serve him. It's something different. Hethen maybe ;) But not Atheist.

Just thought I would chime in ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ChargerBill

I have a question:

Hypothetically, if Christians are wrong (which I do not believe) then in the end will we as Christians be punished, lose out, or be any worse off for having believed in God? No.

What if there IS a God and Christ is the savior? What will become of athiests, agnostics, Buddists, Muslims, etc...? A sad fate I'm afraid...

I mean, someone is right and someone is wrong...what if those who choose to NOT believe in God are on the wrong path? Is it worth the risk?
Life is a highway...

Afflyer

I find it amazing sometimes how replies to the original post can be so far off the first subject.  We've went off the intended path of wiretaps, to the ACLU, to finally- religion and those who belive and don't belive in God almighty.

Bill, I hope you consider me a friend and not an ememy.  Hell- that extension is even offered to folks on the other side of the isle, such as TK and Strat!

I can eventually see a lock coming in from Troy's corner, because like a few other topics which have led to discorse like politics, violent videos and such, religion is one best left alone.

Bradley

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

my73charger

Thanks Khyron.  I try not to offend.

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 28, 2005, 08:44:36 PM
I have a question:

Hypothetically, if Christians are wrong (which I do not believe) then in the end will we as Christians be punished, lose out, or be any worse off for having believed in God? No.

What if there IS a God and Christ is the savior? What will become of athiests, agnostics, Buddists, Muslims, etc...? A sad fate I'm afraid...

I mean, someone is right and someone is wrong...what if those who choose to NOT believe in God are on the wrong path? Is it worth the risk?

That is exactly my thought on this subject and why I asked TK the question.

In the end fellas my hope is that we can all be friends on this board as well.

derailed

Quote from: Afflyer on December 28, 2005, 09:12:10 PM
religion is one best left alone.

Bradley

So far, this has been the wisest thing said on this thread yet  :)

ChargerBill

Afflyer. it seems that we agree on a lot of he same things, I've never considered you anything but a friend. I actually don't consider anyone here an enemy...differences or not. I hate when these topics degenerate into religious and political debates. However, I won't stand idly by and not set the record straight when a certain issue, group, belief or ideal is being misrepresented or could possibly be misinterpreted from quotes and sound bytes offered out of context. When need be, I will do whatever I can to represent the side that is not being fairly or accurately portrayed. My original point was that Unitarianism is not Christian by any stretch, because I was afraid that some who don't do their own research or those who do not completely read and fully understand posts and topics would simply assume that this Roger Baldwin guy was a Christian. I only further elaborated on the topic because I was asked a question...otherwise, for me the point is moot and the topic is dead.

I consider everyone here someone I could hang out with and have a good time...differences of opinion don't dictate friendships as far as I'm concerned.
Life is a highway...

CFMopar

QuoteI actually don't consider anyone here an enemy...differences or not. I hate when these topics degenerate into religious and political debates.

I could've sworn you enjoyed it sometimes  :icon_smile_big: hehe
j/k

Afflyer

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 28, 2005, 10:22:18 PM
Afflyer. it seems that we agree on a lot of he same things, I've never considered you anything but a friend.

Here's to friends!

:cheers:

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Brock Samson

Well, dispite the vear to the... err,..?.. side.  :-\

I find this thread pretty deep and i dont see why it should be locked or die, dispite the hijack, the differences discussed, and one or two people's opinion.

this site is great for it's freedom... freedom from locks, and advertisments and wanna 440!  :icon_smile_big:

my73charger

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Braveheart impression.) :patriot:

ChargerBill

Quote from: Thread_Marshal on December 29, 2005, 09:25:03 AM
I could've sworn you enjoyed it sometimes   :icon_smile_big: hehe
j/k

Maybe I do and maybe I do....LOL I enjoy a good debate like anyone else, I just don't like it when feelings get hurt and things are taken personally, and honestly I take things too personally myself much more often than I should.
Life is a highway...

CFMopar

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 29, 2005, 04:50:02 PM
Quote from: Thread_Marshal on December 29, 2005, 09:25:03 AM
I could've sworn you enjoyed it sometimes   :icon_smile_big: hehe
j/k
and honestly I take things too personally myself much more often than I should.

You can say that again :) haha

Its allways a pleasure debating with you Bill