News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here rebuild Holleys ?

Started by ACUDANUT, August 06, 2010, 10:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I need someone who knows their stuff. My Holley 750 won't squirt fuel (there is plenty of gas going into it). I Need someone who knows what they are doing.!!  I never seem to get then to run right again.  :brickwall:
Thanks, Mike

471_Magnum

I've gotten to the point I can rebuild them with my eyes closed.

Sounds like a simple accelerator pump issue.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

harlandodge

a guy here in kentucky rebuilds them , 1-606-589-6186  ask for bubbles

y3chargerrt

ACUDANUT

I don't know about a guy named bubbles.  :scratchchin: :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 471_Magnum on August 06, 2010, 12:28:56 PM
I've gotten to the point I can rebuild them with my eyes closed.

Sounds like a simple accelerator pump issue.

Any idea of a ballpark figure. (not counting shipping)
Thanks, Mike

471_Magnum

Buy a kit and do it yourself. Follow the instructions. Not that complicated and you'll learn something in the process.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

ACUDANUT

Dudes on ludes should not drive....Okay, I will try it again.

y3chargerrt

Try it yourself or ship it to bubbles!

gtx6970

pull the front bowl and see if the gasket slipped covering the accel pump passage

ACUDANUT

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 06, 2010, 09:50:31 PM
pull the front bowl and see if the gasket slipped covering the accel pump passage
Hey, that's possible too, because I had to tighten that front bowl down. All the screws were loose.

Manifold

You'll come out ahead financially and gain some education by going out and buying a book on rebuilding Holleys (own a couple myself) and getting inside the carb.

As someone mentioned, check to make sure the passage that feeds the squirter isn't blocked by the bowl gasket. The book will also outline the proper adjustment for the accelerator pump linkage, in case it's been altered incorrectly. Also, maybe the pump diaphragm has failed.

They're not too complicated that this shouldn't be easily fixed.

charge69

OK, how much do you want to spend? Just send your carb (contact him first) to Dan Davinci and he will make that Holley absoutely right in all deminsions. 

He is , first and foremost, a Holley carb expert but he  rebuilt both of my carbs( NOM '69 HEMI Auto)and got  them perfect the first  time! He put them both (separately) on a dyno engine and got them close, then got it right on my engine!  Really the first Carter Carbs he did!

Really , the engine idled at 850rpm and went to 588hp at 6600rpm with the engine running great and still climbing!  This was with a 426 HEMI bored .0030 to 432 cu.in. and 11 to 1 JE pistons with a hyd roller cam (custom grind) and street gas!!

HE (Dan) is the best carb man  in the country, no doubt.

ACUDANUT

How much do I want to spend ?? As much as I can.. really  :brickwall:.  LOL
Seriously, A new one cost around 275.00. So it must be at least half that much.
Who is Dan Davinci  ??

charge69

Sorry forvthe delay in answering. Had to take an eye exam , including dilation!  Kinda sucks and you need an extra person with you to drive you home.

Dan is known in racing circles nationally for the carbs he massages and made Holleys run so good, Holley sued him for it along with patent infringement as his carbs got so popular they were listed in national catalogs separately (DaVinci) and got them working great. For a stock rebuild, cannot say his price but it will be expensive. If you would like to contact him he has a website but it mostly talks about his bike carb business which is still happening. Phone number on his website is still good.

Made my HEMI sing a great tune but A Rat-Roaster and Holley carbs would've got me a bunch more horsepower or so he says! ;)  I am very happy with stock cabs for now.