News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New "SuperBird"???

Started by Dave Kanofsky, August 05, 2010, 07:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Big Bird

Dave, saw this in a Mopar magazine a few months back ....................awesome job.............is there any more info on this...........can't seem to find much on that web site..........is it Baxter Conversions ?
BIG - BIRD :)

Dave Kanofsky

I had seen the gold one a while ago, but the blue one was new to me.  I don't know any more about it.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ChgrSteve67

The superbird needs a Vinyl top.

hemi68charger

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 05, 2010, 11:23:23 AM
The superbird needs a Vinyl top.
No kiddin'.. Otherwise it looks like a Daytona with a Superbird decal on the nose..............   Cool cars nonetheless............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

sorry not really to my liking     :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I would totally drive that.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

I'm not sure if I would or not.  It is intriguing though.

FJ5WING

take the crappy looking things off the hood and fenders and .....maybe......maybe is about all I can muster.  :P
wingless now, but still around.

tan top

wonder if that front end increases top end  :scratchchin: or do these cars hit the limiter in high gear stock  :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

redrider

sign me up for one but the birds definitly need the vinal top

DAY CLONA

If your going to do a modern Superbird,...do it "right"

DAY CLONA

gtx6970

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 05, 2010, 12:14:42 PM

so would I,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,straight back the garage and take all that crap back off :puke:

62 Max

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 05, 2010, 07:10:11 PM

so would I,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,straight back the garage and take all that crap back off :puke:

I'd be right behind you.Cut it at the cowl,remove the rear half and you have a mid 70's Vette. :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 05, 2010, 07:10:11 PM

That's exactly what they said about the original birds.
There was one that sat at the dealership here for over two years. I remember my dad taking me by to see it. He must have laughed for over an hour. He'd roll over in his grave if he knew I owned one now.
The dealership parked it at the back of the service area just to keep people from honking and laughing every time they drove by. I'm dead serious. Small towns are like that.
I welcome anyone to drive by and honk and laugh at my bird now. I feel good knowing they'll never be able to afford one. :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

A383Wing

Why wouldn't it be a Daytona.....aren't those "Dodge" cars they are made from?

With the 'Birds on the wings & nose...Warner Co. is gonna get more money from usage rights  :shruggy:

TylerCharger69

I think they look awesome...other than they just look like challengers with added features   and  plymouth??   I thought that brand was dispensed?

mauve66

just like the Mr. norms cuda's, just badges
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Redbird

The cars in 1969 and 1970 were designed as they are with the specific purpose of improving a stock Torino, Cyclone, Charger or Roadrunner body to make it more efficient and aerodynamic. The scoops were on the fenders and had a purpose(s). The front ends had to meet headlight requirements of their time, use production turn signals, be evaluated on how aerodynamic they were in a wind tunnel. Everybody wanted a back window like the Fords, because they worked on the track. The wings were thought out for purpose, and improved as part of a package when Superbirds were built after the Daytonas. All the pieces added together to build a combined whole. The cars were at the forefront of the technology for a production car of their time. Not 917 Porsche technology but Detroit factory technology.

It seems to me if you truly want a great car of it's time, you would use the best technology of it's time.

A383Wing

yea..ok...but calling a Dodge Challenger with nose & wing a Superbird?   :shruggy:

Black Charger

The Challenger is a great looking car as-is. The wing and nose cone just makes it look gaudy. I love Superbirds and Daytonas, but I don't think there is a new car offered by Chrysler that would look good with a wing and nose cone.

Tilar

I think it looks alright. I don't know about putting the Plymouth decals on a Dodge though. At least it's not a 4 door.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hotrod98

As far as I'm concerned, the new Charger is not a Charger and the new Challenger is not a Challenger. They just used a name that sells cars. And, I don't think the automotive manufacturer beancounters could care less about heritage.
They've tried this before. This is the third time they've used the Challenger moniker. At least this time they placed the name on something with considerably more horsepower.
I have people ask me all of the time why I haven't bought a new Challenger. I tell them "look around my shop and you should be able to figure it out. I have original Mopar musclecars that I can drive".
I don't want to drive a car that every other little girl at the local high school drives.
At least with a nose and wing it won't look like everyone else's Challenger.

Charles Addams