News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

computer issues

Started by mauve66, August 07, 2010, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

all of a sudden my Task Bar won't come up when i move the cursor down there like its supposed to do, i have to hit CNTRL/ESC to get it to come up
any ideas how/why this changed all by itself???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

MoparManJim

Do you have  Microsoft Security Essentials virus program? if so run a check on the system, if it's a virus that program will 99.9 find it and help you out. I have it on my retail system instead of the original virus program (garbage program) and man am I lucky I got the MSE program as I have so far had been attack but quite afew virus out there and this program caught them before and after and clean them right off the system. The program is free and you can down load it off the net also. I'm thinking your issue is you have a virus on your system some where.

I had a related issue like you are talking about happen to me and my pc dvd drive. The folder got hit and I was unawareof it, and a file was added that wasn't pose to be there. For like 3 weeks I didn't have a dvd player on my system and my player is built into the screen side which is where the hard drive is also located at to. Well I was on youtube looking for a way to add cars to my eBox 360 GTA4 game and I found a way to get into the folder of my pc's dvd player and what to do. I went in and removed the one folder and wam I had my dvd player back and working. The program MSE told me where the issue was at but i didn't know how to get in that area though and that was where youtube came into play at. 

Tilar

Right click the taskbar and go to properties. Be sure "Keep task bar on top of other windows" is checked.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mauve66

Quote from: Tilar on August 08, 2010, 05:20:21 AM
Right click the taskbar and go to properties. Be sure "Keep task bar on top of other windows" is checked.

sure i can do that but would rather have it dissappear like it used to when the cursor is somewhere else on the screen and then raise up when the cursor goes back to the bottom of the screen like its supposed to

i use Trend Micro and have never had it fail
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Troy

Quote from: mauve66 on August 08, 2010, 10:16:39 AM

sure i can do that but would rather have it dissappear like it used to when the cursor is somewhere else on the screen and then raise up when the cursor goes back to the bottom of the screen like its supposed to

No, that still lets it hide. What it does is makes it sit on top of the other windows when it does pop up. Otherwise it goes behind any window that you have at full screen or positioned at the bottom of the screen (which is really useless if you ask me). I have had problems in the past where the task bar acts up and I usually end up rebooting to fix it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Troy on August 08, 2010, 11:49:09 AM
Quote from: mauve66 on August 08, 2010, 10:16:39 AM

No, that still lets it hide. What it does is makes it sit on top of the other windows when it does pop up. Otherwise it goes behind any window that you have at full screen or positioned at the bottom of the screen (which is really useless if you ask me). I have had problems in the past where the task bar acts up and I usually end up rebooting to fix it.

Troy

Yea, what he said. Just beat me to the Post button.

Always on Top and Auto Hide Taskbar are 2 separate selectible options. At least on my Vista machine it is.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mauve66

so no one has a answer to why it stops coming up when the cursor is down there???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Tilar

If it is still messing up with the "Keep task bar on top of other windows" checked, Try deleting everything in your windows\prefetch directory.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.