News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Bowl Leak... any suggestions?

Started by 1972Rallye, August 02, 2010, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1972Rallye

Just installed a rebuilt (original model 4160) Holley on my '71 Super Bee. After trying to get it running right, I noticed a leak from the bowl plug.  :RantExplode: See pic below... The plug is not accessable from the inside of the bowl. Has anyone had success repairing this sort of leak?

chargergirl

Is that a Holley 600 vacuum secondary? New fuel bowl maybe or a Factory Carter...I have one (Carter). Let me know.
Trust your Woobie!

chargerbr549

If all else fails use some Seal All or Loctite Weld kind of like jb weld and its resistant to gasoline.

Kevin

1972Rallye

Quote from: chargergirl on August 02, 2010, 07:12:16 PM
Is that a Holley 600 vacuum secondary? New fuel bowl maybe or a Factory Carter...I have one (Carter). Let me know.

Yep... unfortunately, Holley doesn't make an exact replacement bown (no vent provision) or I would already have one ordered.  I want to stick with the Holley - just took of a Carter because I could never get it right.  Thanks for the offer!

Trying the epoxy fix tonight... I'll let you know if it works!

chargergirl

I would go with jb weld...just seems stronger...any thoughts? It's just going to be tough to get it smooth looking. Maybe toothpicks and a small, cosmetic, spatula....think beauty supply store. Maybe even a Popsicle stick for the smoothing.
Trust your Woobie!