News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

J440T

Started by Bob, August 03, 2010, 06:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I have this great running 440 out of a MH. Are any of you running this model 440?
J=73, CU 440, T=Trenton plant.
What are the Torque/horsepower specs?
Thanks
Bob

Cooter

If indeed it hasn't been gone into and had the "Six PACK" piston treatment, it should be about weak as puppy p*ss....

Around 270 HP....Low compression pistons in the hole, Poss, cast crank, open chamber heads, sh*t cam, etc..Makes ton on torque though..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bob

Quote from: Cooter on August 03, 2010, 06:42:41 AM
If indeed it hasn't been gone into and had the "Six PACK" piston treatment, it should be about weak as puppy p*ss....

Around 270 HP....Low compression pistons in the hole, Poss, cast crank, open chamber heads, sh*t cam, etc..Makes ton on torque though..

Cooter,
Is it worth converting to a car engine?

Challenger340

Depends what you mean by converting ?

Like Cooter says, as a performance engine it's pretty limited by the Compression Ratio "as is", which is so low as to be laughable ?

It'll run just fine as you have already indicated, just won't make much power.

As far as a rebuildable core for "upgrade" and putting some power back IN,  no problem making 500hp and up, even WITH the Cast Crank.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Bob

Quote from: Challenger340 on August 03, 2010, 09:10:34 AM
Depends what you mean by converting ?

Like Cooter says, as a performance engine it's pretty limited by the Compression Ratio "as is", which is so low as to be laughable ?

It'll run just fine as you have already indicated, just won't make much power.

As far as a rebuildable core for "upgrade" and putting some power back IN,  no problem making 500hp and up, even WITH the Cast Crank.

Converting as in oil pan, water pump and anything else that would make it a drop in motor. Even at 270 hp as Cooter had written is not to bad for a 73/74 B body compared to the stock 400 motors @ around 170. I know it would pull this 11k motor home like nothing else.
I'm debating on keeping it or selling it.
Thanks
Bob

firefighter3931

Any 440 is worth keeping !  :icon_smile_big:

You're only a few parts away from making some descent power. The 2355 6-pack pistons will wake that motor up. A descent cam, intake, carb & exhaust and you'll be flyin  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Bob

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 03, 2010, 11:17:07 AM
Any 440 is worth keeping !  :icon_smile_big:

You're only a few parts away from making some descent power. The 2355 6-pack pistons will wake that motor up. A descent cam, intake, carb & exhaust and you'll be flyin  :2thumbs:

Ron

Thanks Ron.
Bob

Cooter

In no way is a cast crank engine worthless, as long as you never want to run a 4-spd.,(As you are limited to auto's) the cast crank engines are just fine with a "SIX PACK" rebuild...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"