News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Charger Calendar for 2011

Started by bull, August 03, 2010, 03:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm gearing up to do another Charger calendar using photos of members' cars and I'm looking for some feedback. Last year I did it through Office Depot and it turned out pretty fair although the photo reproduction quality was a little lacking on their end. Granted, we are not professional photographers and that did play a part in the quality too but I might try going with a different company this time because I felt most of the trouble was on their end. So one thing I want to ask you guys is what are you willing to pay for a calendar? If I recall the calendars last year were around $15 plus shipping and that was about the least expensive rate I could find at a place which allowed me to maintain some measure of control over the process. I think that one day I was in the store for 2 1/2 hours trying to sort through everything and make sure the color corrections and sizing were good. I didn't mind that though because frankly, I find the idea of sending off 12-20 pictures with orders for 20 or so calendars a little scary if there's no personal quality control. Be that as it may, there are some higher quality businesses out there who will likely do a better job but for more money. Shutterfly is one that's been suggested to me and Zazzle is another. Costco also provides this service but I have not taken the time to look up the prices there. Zazzle charges $17.95 each with discounts for multiple orders and Shutterfly charges $19.99 but there's a potential for free shipping. I don't know yet if that means they would ship 20 calendars to 20 different locations but I doubt it.

Also, last time I only did second gen Chargers simply because that's what I wanted and I didn't expect so many people from the site to ask for their own calendars. That said. this year I will be creating an order deadline (TBD) so I don't have to order the calendars peacemeal after they've been created. That was a bit of a pain even though it worked out pretty well in the end. Anyway, back to the different generations. I will be seeking other years besides 68-70 (66-74 only) but the one thing I ask is that your photos be of the best quality possible. The better the input the better the final product. I'd like to get more wing cars especially and I'd like at least one 69 500.

So tell me, do you prefer $15 calendars plus shipping or is up to $20 plus shipping a doable cost?

Dans 68

Bull,

Shutterfly's cost for at least 25 calendar's is $12.96 apiece, including shipping. If you order 50 or more then the cost, including shipping, is $11.00. I've used them many times in the past and the quality is very good. You ship to each recipient from their website so you would need everyone's mailing info, and probably email address (Shutterfly may need it to complete their order and to add to their customer information base). For $12.96 I would get one :yesnod:  (but only if my car is included  :slap:).   

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Charger-Bodie

Curtis,

Do you want any pics of My Daytona clone?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

CidE

I'll buy one, and maybe next year I'll have a complete car to submit photos of for 2012  :2thumbs:

Axels73Charger

Quote from: CidE on August 03, 2010, 10:36:13 AM
I'll buy one, and maybe next year I'll have a complete car to submit photos of for 2012  :2thumbs:

:iagree:

I may want 1... But that all depends on how I pay... (i only got cash...) And I should have a Charger before 2011 bu If not then 2012 for sure :2thumbs:
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

Brock Samson

i'm interested and a satisfied customer  :2thumbs: last time you only wanted stock '68s and '70s howabout this yr?..

:D

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

nvrbdn

im in for one, like the idea of wide years and the 500 model.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

elacruze

I'm in, $20 doesn't scare me.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bull

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 03, 2010, 09:34:33 AM
Curtis,

Do you want any pics of My Daytona clone?

Sure. If the pics are as good as the ones I got of your 68 it should work fine.

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 03, 2010, 09:23:46 AM
Bull,

Shutterfly's cost for at least 25 calendar's is $12.96 apiece, including shipping. If you order 50 or more then the cost, including shipping, is $11.00. I've used them many times in the past and the quality is very good. You ship to each recipient from their website so you would need everyone's mailing info, and probably email address (Shutterfly may need it to complete their order and to add to their customer information base). For $12.96 I would get one :yesnod:  (but only if my car is included  :slap:).   

Dan

Sounds like a good deal. I'll check it out more carefully but it sounds like a good way to go.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

XS29J8

I'll take another Bull! Great calendar, wish it was all 68s though............. :2thumbs:

:cheers:
Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

ODZKing

BBKNARF

68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Charger_Dart

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

hemi24

put me on your list i want the new calender when there ready . :2thumbs:

bull

I need some good third gen pics and I'd like a nice shot of a '66. I got a pic of a '67 that looks like it will work and of course I've already got two nice '69s and a nice one of a '68. The main thing here is that the lighting be as good as possible and the background is important too. Don't shoot a pic of you car with your wife's Ford minvan in the background or your kid's tricycle or the garden hose, etc. Shots of cars with a nice backdrop are the only ones that will be considered.

Ponch ®

dang...I saw the title and got all excited thinking it was a calendar of 2011 Chargers.

So bull...can I submit a pic of my LX Charger?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

:smilielol:

That's a good one German!

GPULLER

Quote from: bull on August 04, 2010, 01:12:17 PM
I need some good third gen pics and I'd like a nice shot of a '66. I got a pic of a '67 that looks like it will work and of course I've already got two nice '69s and a nice one of a '68. The main thing here is that the lighting be as good as possible and the background is important too. Don't shoot a pic of you car with your wife's Ford minvan in the background or your kid's tricycle or the garden hose, etc. Shots of cars with a nice backdrop are the only ones that will be considered.

Yeah...got the '66, just aint calender worthy :pity:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 04, 2010, 01:15:12 PM
dang...I saw the title and got all excited thinking it was a calendar of 2011 Chargers.

i'm betting he will be up for that   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

i'll buy one if you use my Avatar picture for the month of June..   :brickwall:   :brickwall: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on August 04, 2010, 02:13:41 PM

i'm betting he will be up for that   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I doubt it...the best pic I have of it has a garden hose in the background.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

bull

What do you think? :loser:

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 04, 2010, 03:09:21 PM

i'm betting he will be up for that   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Probably your tricycle too. :icon_smile_cool:

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on August 04, 2010, 03:29:26 PM

What do you think? :loser:

Ok, I'm on it . I'll cruise out to Malibu this weekend and take some nice shots.  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: bull
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 04, 2010, 03:09:21 PM

i'm betting he will be up for that   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Probably your tricycle too. :icon_smile_cool:

It's a Big Wheel Green Machine!