News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man way pissed

Started by darkfiire5000, August 02, 2010, 05:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargergirl

Ya know...just a thought but if insurance paid for the car already...this might be considered fraud. Just a random thought.
Trust your Woobie!

rt green

third string oil changer

nvrbdn

i agree with 74 charger, the yard paid him for the car, then it was stolen. the car should belong to them by bill of sale. seems fishy. oh, thats a cuda. seems horsey!!!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mauve66

what was the reasoning for it to be crushed in the first place??  they should only be confiscating it to return it to the owner it was stolen from who may still want to sell it.......
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jb666

Quote from: mauve66 on August 03, 2010, 08:22:05 PM
what was the reasoning for it to be crushed in the first place??  they should only be confiscating it to return it to the owner it was stolen from who may still want to sell it.......

BINGO. If the owner sent it off to be crushed he obviously didn't care about it... Why does he care now?!?! It should have been LONG out of his mind... It was "stolen" from the salvage yard, NOT the owner. He relinquished his right to call that "his vehicle" when he brought it in to be crushed.

bull

I seriously doubt there'd be all this fuss over it if it were going to be crushed. Would anyone go through all this hassle for the price of 3,800 lbs. of scrap? Somebody wants it now because it's worth the price of a classic car, not for the value of its scrap content.

Black Charger

The sad thing is, once the owner realizes just what it will cost to restore this car, it will more than likely sit and rot and will become one of those cars that is never for sale because he is "going to fix it up someday." Another Charger goes to waste...

loudmouthaussie

could the lesson here be "dont buy a car w/o a title unless its for parts?" just a thought  :2thumbs:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

doctor4766

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 03, 2010, 07:30:07 PM
i agree with 74 charger, the yard paid him for the car, then it was stolen. the car should belong to them by bill of sale. seems fishy. oh, thats a cuda. seems horsey!!!!!

Nah that be a Mustang
Gotta love a '69

Brock Lee

Quote from: chargergirl on August 03, 2010, 06:51:45 PM
Ya know...just a thought but if insurance paid for the car already...this might be considered fraud. Just a random thought.

In that sort of case, typically the insurance company that paid out the claim owns the car. However, after 20 years, the owner may not remember who it was or the company may not even be around anymore. I know a guy that had a car stolen in the mid 90s, had the insurance pay him for the theft. Then 10 years later the police call him stating they found it in a garage full of stolen vehicles. He claimed it and went to contact the insurer, which was a small town type that resold policies. They were long gone out of business. It was still titled in his name, so he re-registered it and has owned it since.