News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man way pissed

Started by darkfiire5000, August 02, 2010, 05:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkfiire5000

Well in the process of getting the title for my beloved charger the state got involved and found out it was stloen from the place it was suppose to be crushed. 20 years later it found  its way to the place I bought it from and I tried to get the title. The guy who originaly owend it wants it back so the state is confiscating it but I get my money back. But on the upside I found a 71 Roadrunner :2thumbs:

Tilar

Wow. That sucks that happened to you.  But I wonder how the original owner feels. I know there are a few that I've wished I still had and he gets the chance to get his back.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Axels73Charger

That sucks... Maybe you could get a "new" Charger like it? Unless you really want the RR :lol:
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

darkfiire5000

All the ones I have been looking at are on ebay and are way outta my price range  :eyes:.

chargergirl

WOW...JUST WOW! At least you get your money back.
Trust your Woobie!

HOTROD

THAT IS BULLSHIT WHAT STATE ?? AND IS THE OWNER GOING TO RECRUSH IT !! :slap:
What the Hell-Dumass !

Axels73Charger

Quote from: HOTROD on August 02, 2010, 07:46:25 PM
THAT IS BULLSHIT WHAT STATE ?? AND IS THE OWNER GOING TO RECRUSH IT !! :slap:

I agree with HotRod. So umm... Craigslist? (or craiglook is good for making it easy)
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

darkfiire5000

It's in Idaho but its all good my buddy is already hooking me up with another one :2thumbs:

4cruzin

WOW that would be scary . . glad you still have your cash!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

oldcarnut

Did you find out why it was going to be crushed in the first place?  Good you got your money back  :yesnod:.

darkfiire5000

Yah cause it had a blown engine back in the 80s and now that its worth something he wants it back

tan top

oh crikey  ,   :o  good you got your money back   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

last426

Quote from: darkfiire5000 on August 02, 2010, 05:53:41 PM
Well in the process of getting the title for my beloved charger the state got involved and found out it was stloen from the place it was suppose to be crushed. 20 years later it found  its way to the place I bought it from and I tried to get the title. The guy who originaly owend it wants it back so the state is confiscating it but I get my money back. But on the upside I found a 71 Roadrunner :2thumbs:

Why would you get the money back and who is supposed to pay it? Kim

lisiecki1

if it were me, I'd put a mechanics lean on it and tell him he's welcome to buy it back for the cost of the lean, or he can just give you the title.

glad to hear that you're getting another charger atleast.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

PocketThunder

Quote from: last426 on August 03, 2010, 02:46:42 AM

Ya, where does your money come back from?  The guy you bought it from?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 03, 2010, 08:22:18 AM
Quote from: last426 on August 03, 2010, 02:46:42 AM
Well in the process of getting the title for my beloved charger the state got involved and found out it was stloen from the place it was suppose to be crushed. 20 years later it found  its way to the place I bought it from and I tried to get the title. The guy who originaly owend it wants it back so the state is confiscating it but I get my money back. But on the upside I found a 71 Roadrunner :2thumbs:

Ya, where does your money come back from?  The guy you bought it from?

He's not getting any money back, the bank bail out money took care of it when he used his student loan money to pay for the car.  :D

Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 30, 2010, 09:49:19 AM
Im confused, is this the same "shell" that you used a colege loan to buy?

I see you posted that you bought a bare, stripped shell form a junkyard on a bill of sale previously. an if I have been reading right, you paid $2000 for it, Thats a lot for something without a title.

I would ask the state inspector to verify the VIN on the shell and that it is not crushed, and was an error by whoever sent in the VIN. Plead with them to reinstate the VIN as a salvage title and the inspector will be able to verify the VIN stampings, as long as they have not been switched, you should have nothing to worry about.

Heck, just cut the front clip off another 68. weld it to yours and say its restored, i saw pictures of a certain (very famous) car that appeared to have that done, and is now 100% restored.

Thats why I checked with DMV when I bought my charger to make sure the VIN was good and there was no records open on it before I bought any other parts.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

451-74Charger

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 03, 2010, 08:57:57 AM
He's not getting any money back, the bank bail out money took care of it when he used his student loan money to pay for the car.  :D

Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 30, 2010, 09:49:19 AM
Im confused, is this the same "shell" that you used a colege loan to buy?

Wow you dug that quote up well, and he had a different username too when that was posted.
Seems he has a lot of drama over his Charger.
If the DMV originally said crushed, and he bought it from the yard that was supposed to crush it, didnt the yard officially own it at that point?
Odd how the original owner is involved again, and the DMV must have received the title for it from the yard when it was surrendered when it was supposedly crushed.

Tilar

Quote from: 451-74Charger on August 03, 2010, 10:10:39 AM
If the DMV originally said crushed, and he bought it from the yard that was supposed to crush it, didnt the yard officially own it at that point?
Odd how the original owner is involved again, and the DMV must have received the title for it from the yard when it was surrendered when it was supposedly crushed.

Up untill about 10 years ago, at least in Texas you didn't need a title to crush a car. probably a lot of other states are like that. Just make out a bill of sale to the yard.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

darkfiire5000

The yard that I bought it from is the one who is going to pay me back. The charger was originally supposed to be crashed back in the 80's but was stolen from the place it was suppose to be crushed then in 2004 sold to the Guy i bought it from. So for like 20 some odd years it was in limbo.

451-74Charger

So if it was stolen and a police report filed the VIN should have been Flagged and you should have been told by DMV.
If it was to be crushed, why? did the original owner part with it? if he did, it would belong to the yard, not him..
I am guessing here, if the original owner found out it was still alive, then he probably offered more $$$ for it, thats why the yard are willing to pay you for a car "they had stolen"

69bronzeT5

I hope it dosen't end up getting crushed after all..... :-\
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

darkfiire5000

Tell me about it but o well at least I got a replacement that's even in better shape than the one I had. :2thumbs:

rt green

boy, what a mess.  when the original owner finds out how much it costs to restore one of these things he might want to crush it again. how is he going to get a title? hell, you might end up with it again.
third string oil changer

darkfiire5000

The car is still registered in his name so the state is going to issue him a valid title.