News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

xbox 360, or ps3

Started by miller, November 16, 2007, 09:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elacruze

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 22, 2010, 07:50:27 AM
Quote from: MoparManJim on July 21, 2010, 10:46:33 PM
I was told by a friend that knows his systems, that you can't play PS1 and PS2 games on the newer PS3 systems.. now I can't say if it's ture but I would trust him though.

That is true, however, I believe some of the very early models you could. Now with X-Box360, you can play the original X-Box games by downloading a free ungrade. Although, my youngest son is huge in the Halo games, and those started on the original X-Box, and the first 2 games will play on the 360 version without the download upgrade.

Not all games. I still have my original Xbox under the 360, and use it more often because I'm old and ( :'() my girls would rather watch me play Munch's Oddysey than let me play Halo or COD.  :shruggy:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

myk

I know I'm late to the party but I've gotta say this: it's never about which system has the better specs-it's about the system that has the most amount of games that appeals to the buyer.  Peruse the library of both, which is pretty huge now, and decide which one fits your tastes better...

jeryst

If you compare graphics between the two systems, you have to make sure you compare the same game on both, because some games have good graphics, and some games have crappy graphics, regardless of which machine they are on. Most games are available on both systems, except for a few exclusive titles.

I bought mine because I wanted a blue ray player and didnt want to pay
$1k for one. The gaming system was a free bonus, and I love it.

I have friends with 360's, and I have a PS3.  I like mine better.

BTW, the PS3 seems to be way ahead in the technology department if you read the specs.

TruckDriver

I am going to get one of the new X-Box360's. There're supposed to be a lot better then the current one. The new one's have a 250gig hard drive in them too. I personally could care less about blue ray.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikepmcs

i don't have any(well, there are some things in a bag downstairs).  i think they are all really cool but just never saw the point and really can't afford the time for that. i had one of those game cubes years back and me and my buddy used to play mario cart on it which was amusing for about 2 weeks.
anyone for some pinball or photoshop?  I'm a master at pinball and still learning photoshop.  :icon_smile_big:

oh, i like the video game Tron and wouldn't mind having that game. Probably just a stupid childhood memory. :lol:

Seems it's a ton of money to throw out there with no real payback. Kind of like our hobby. :smilielol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jeryst

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 01, 2010, 10:46:08 AM
i don't have any(well, there are some things in a bag downstairs).  i think they are all really cool but just never saw the point and really can't afford the time for that. i had one of those game cubes years back and me and my buddy used to play mario cart on it which was amusing for about 2 weeks.
anyone for some pinball or photoshop?  I'm a master at pinball and still learning photoshop.  :icon_smile_big:

oh, i like the video game Tron and wouldn't mind having that game. Probably just a stupid childhood memory. :lol:

Seems it's a ton of money to throw out there with no real payback. Kind of like our hobby. :smilielol:

You need to get into some racing games, and some combat games. Nothing like sniping someone with a headshot at half mile away.

Also, I dont buy games. I belong to Gamefly, where you pay a monthly fee and rent games for as long as you want to keep them.
Works out different for different people, but for me, it saves me a bundle, because my son and I play a lot.

68RT4ME

I got my PS3 last Christmas. (Got it from the wife as I gave her the Nintendo Wii. Neither of us had a clue....lol) Waited a while for it. My son has XBox 360 and it's nice but I've used PS since the original. Still have it and the games for it after all this time along with my PS2 and now the PS3 which I wanted for the added benefit of the blue ray player.

2 weeks ago, we bought a 58" SAMSUNG Plasma TV. Everything connected real easy with the HDMI cables and the games and movies are outrageous. The Wii is connected as well so we all have fun. As for the graphics, I love playing COD Modern Warfare on it. Let's say it's Badass with the graphics and digital surround sound. Also "Batman Arkum Asylum" is just cool with my new setup. The 360 is good but I'm a PS3 guy. :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

jeryst

If you want a fun game on the PS3. try "Just Cause 2". Totally free world to explore and run around in. Something like 140 different vehicles to drive. You can even hijack fighter jets and military helicopters. Nothing like launching a barrage of sidewinder missiles and 50 cal machine guns on the bad guys. Too cool. You can really do some amazing things in this game. Check out the trailers on Utube. I liked it so much, I bought it.