News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Charger R/T

Started by furray, August 01, 2010, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hemi-hampton

In that case maybe it is a $1,500-$1,800 car :scratchchin: :shruggy: :Twocents:   LEON.

ACUDANUT

furray

Is the air grabber knob black and right under the ash tray on the dash ?

ACUDANUT

What does that have to do with buying it. ?  But, yes I believe so.

furray

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 07, 2010, 09:36:27 AM
What does that have to do with buying it. ?  But, yes I believe so.
Because the hood is missng, so I have nothing to go buy. I did notice the little black knob just under the ash tray and I thought if that was the location and color it would be a sure sign there was once a air grabber hood on it.
The vin # are WS23U1 How rare is this car in Hemi orange ?

RD

the black knob under the ash tray is usually for non-a/c cars.  it controls the vents.  the ramcharger switch is most often on the drivers side, under the dash.  its a switch that looks just like a rear defroster switch if my memory is correct.

here is a picture of a a/c delete 71 charger r/t.  see the two knobs above the cassette player.  is that what you are referring to?

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

71383bee

Quote from: RD on August 07, 2010, 05:39:48 PM
the black knob under the ash tray is usually for non-a/c cars.  it controls the vents.  the ramcharger switch is most often on the drivers side, under the dash.  its a switch that looks just like a rear defroster switch if my memory is correct.

here is a picture of a a/c delete 71 charger r/t.  see the two knobs above the cassette player.  is that what you are referring to?

Yep those are the vent knobs.  I have them on my super bee 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

hemi-hampton

Does it have the fender tag :scratchchin:  LEON.

quapman

"Just" a U-code, Track Pack, 71 R/T. "$1500-$1800"

Yeah, something like that. I'm going back to my cartoons now.

hs1973

i would pay 15 k in a heartbeat if it is a true r/t matching numbers and all of the pieces are there. i know we all have a dream to find a hemi charger rustfree complete and running just down the street and finding out that the owner is an guy who would rather have a honda so he is giving it away for a grand. but truth is since the internet became common even in small town kansas shit like that dosent happen anymore. hell i would pay a cool milion if i had the money. but another truth is i had to sell my numbers matching one owner rustfree totally restored 72 charger 318 for 10 grand, just to be able to pay the rent.( i loved that car it wasent much but it was mine)
so ill keep one dreaming. hope you get it no matter what you have to pay and i hope you have the cash when the time comes. nothing is more devestating than finding the car of your dreams and not having the cash. bare with me if my spelling stinks im from denmark so im not that good at spelling in americanese

Brock Samson

Furray writes:
"It was wrecked, bad. Thats why the front clip windshield, and all is gone, totaled, nothing salvagable not even the hood. He thinks it was all thrown away years ago. The front suspension on the pass side is gone, missing, unibody is supposed to be damaged"
'n you would pay $15K huh?..  "hell i would pay a cool milion if i had the money."
Talk sure is cheap...
Sounds like it'll take every bit of money anyone of us have to bring that sucker back. why not spend three times what it's worth? sounds like a great plan...  :2thumbs:  :lol:   :slap:

ACUDANUT

Still no pic's of this car 1,500 car ???  I and waiving the BS flag

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 08, 2010, 09:09:19 AM
Furray writes:
"It was wrecked, bad. Thats why the front clip windshield, and all is gone, totaled, nothing salvagable not even the hood. He thinks it was all thrown away years ago. The front suspension on the pass side is gone, missing, unibody is supposed to be damaged"
'n you would pay $15K huh?..  "hell i would pay a cool milion if i had the money."
Talk sure is cheap...
Sounds like it'll take every bit of money anyone of us have to bring that sucker back. why not spend three times what it's worth? sounds like a great plan...  :2thumbs:  :lol:   :slap:

This car does not sound like a pretty picture, entire front clip smashed & missing, motor & trans out & front suspension, bent frame & core support probably wasted. Sounds like a POS to me but people in here say it's a $10k or $15k car. I can barely get that for my solid rustfree, complete, running original 1970 R/T in this bad economy. :ahum:
P.S. If you buy it I'll restore it for you for $50k+

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 08, 2010, 09:13:25 AM
Still no pic's of this car 1,500 car ???  I and waiving the BS flag
Hmmmm

furray

I can't get into my photo bucket account, Is there another way to post a picture on here ? it's been years since I've used it & it just isn't working. But I can say stories are changing. It was not wrecked but all the pieces aren't there & I haven't seen anymore than the motor, trans, car, & seats. I won't ask to do any more than peek under the tarp it is in bad shape and I don't think I could get whats left of it back on. I was asked to make the offer today and based on what parts I could gather up there, I offered $1500, I told them it's a starting point depending on how much more could be rounded up. This car has to be restored by the porson who buys it, otherewise it's a parts car. So I'm not willing to give much more because who knows what all in missing.

Axels73Charger

When you hit reply it'll say "attach" browse and after that click "more attachments"

Hope to see pics! I love 71 R/Ts!
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

RD

Quote from: hs1973 on August 08, 2010, 07:58:17 AM
i would pay 15 k in a heartbeat if it is a true r/t matching numbers and all of the pieces are there. i know we all have a dream to find a hemi charger rustfree complete and running just down the street and finding out that the owner is an guy who would rather have a honda so he is giving it away for a grand. but truth is since the internet became common even in small town kansas shit like that dosent happen anymore. hell i would pay a cool milion if i had the money. but another truth is i had to sell my numbers matching one owner rustfree totally restored 72 charger 318 for 10 grand, just to be able to pay the rent.( i loved that car it wasent much but it was mine)
so ill keep one dreaming. hope you get it no matter what you have to pay and i hope you have the cash when the time comes. nothing is more devestating than finding the car of your dreams and not having the cash. bare with me if my spelling stinks im from denmark so im not that good at spelling in americanese

i am just stoked you know that there is a state called Kansas! :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mauve66

Quote from: furray on August 08, 2010, 04:44:17 PM
I can't get into my photo bucket account, Is there another way to post a picture on here ? it's been years since I've used it & it just isn't working. But I can say stories are changing. It was not wrecked but all the pieces aren't there & I haven't seen anymore than the motor, trans, car, & seats. I won't ask to do any more than peek under the tarp it is in bad shape and I don't think I could get whats left of it back on. I was asked to make the offer today and based on what parts I could gather up there, I offered $1500, I told them it's a starting point depending on how much more could be rounded up. This car has to be restored by the porson who buys it, otherewise it's a parts car. So I'm not willing to give much more because who knows what all in missing.

so the guy won't show you everything and he still wanted an offer??? how can he expect you to make a decent offer if you can't see everything???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hemi-hampton

I would not buy anything or offer anything on a car that a guy hides under a tarp & refuses to remove tarp. No, you can't see it, but make me a offer anyways :shruggy: Sounds suspicious to me :shruggy:  LEON.

furray

pictute of interior

RD

what a teaser! lol :D

any more?

71383bee

EV2
4 Speed
Unmolested dash
buckets
The plot thickens...
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

furray

I can't get the vin to post cause I had the camara turned up too high so this is about it for pictures.

71383bee

Try to get a pencil rubbing of the fender tag.  We can decode that and it will have the VIN in it. 

I still think 10k is a bit steep for a wrecked charger.  6 to 7 is not outta line though. 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee