News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

flaming river steering coupler instlation?

Started by bricklayer, July 30, 2010, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricklayer

I have my column cut as per instruction i need to drill hole in column to install roll pin that comes with kit how far do i slide my new coupler down on my  steering gear shaft? Also when i dril my 5/16 hole in the colum shaft do i drill with the roll pin straight up and down north south or do i  drill east west tire to tire so when i'm driving straight on the road is the roll pin straight vertical or would the pin be horzinal to the road i hope this question is clear  thanks  tom 69 charger maybe if someone has a pic of one installed i could see how it all lines up  tom

greenpigs

The directions should have said about 1 inch up on the shaft. As for the pin, its not going anywhere. I put mine in  the freezer overnight and smacked it in. Remember to use a good drill bit and not rush it, I went through a couple bits(cheap).
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free