News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to get window mounting grommets and spacers

Started by green69rt, July 30, 2010, 02:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I'm close to reinstalling my quarter windows and discover that I would like to get new grommets and spacers (hold the glass in place on the window regulator).  ANybody know if anyone makes replacements??

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

bill440rt

From what I understand, they are not being reproduced.

You can make them using rubber/neoprene washers available at any hardware store. Use them with your original bolts & steel washers.
Also, the "spacers" that go in the holes in the glass is nothing more than small pieces of ribbed radiator overflow hose cut about 3/8" long.

:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

green69rt

Quote from: bill440rt on July 30, 2010, 07:36:30 PM
From what I understand, they are not being reproduced.

You can make them using rubber/neoprene washers available at any hardware store. Use them with your original bolts & steel washers.
Also, the "spacers" that go in the holes in the glass is nothing more than small pieces of ribbed radiator overflow hose cut about 3/8" long.

:Twocents:

Ah Ha!!  Thanks