News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oil slinger and timing chain thrust bearing

Started by 68chargerboy, August 05, 2010, 09:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

pretty elementry questions, but i cant find any pics/info in my old service manuals.  the oil slinger goes block side or timing cover side of crank sprocket? and facing which way.  now the thrust bearing, its a timkin bearing that caim with my cloyes timing set.  one side is black the other is natural, which way does it face? does it matter? thank for the help guys!!  :cheers:

Zach

greenpigs

Not sure about the thrust bearing but the oil slinger goes on the outside of the timing chain and the beveled side faces the motor.....I think.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chatt69chgr

does the oil slinger face that way or just the opposite?  I do know that it's purpose is to throw oil away from the seal.

histoy

TylerCharger69

Challenger340

Quote from: 68chargerboy on August 05, 2010, 09:13:45 PM
pretty elementry questions, but i cant find any pics/info in my old service manuals.  the oil slinger goes block side or timing cover side of crank sprocket? and facing which way.  now the thrust bearing, its a timkin bearing that caim with my cloyes timing set.  one side is black the other is natural, which way does it face? does it matter? thank for the help guys!!  :cheers:

Zach

Black side of the Thrust Brg goes towards the Timing Gear, "Natural" or shiney side towards the Block. Same on all Cloyes stuff.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

68chargerboy

dont know what i would do with out u guys! thanks for the help!!!

Zach