News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Horn doesn't work

Started by 68chargerdave, July 30, 2010, 05:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerdave

Good morning. I just had my steering wheel changed from a standard to a three spoke wood grain.The friend who changed it said it worked once after he installed it.I shorted the wire to the mounting stud and the horn works.But no matter how tight or loosely I tighten the 3 mounting screws on the ring,I can't get it to work.Any suggestions from the community? Thanks in advance!

hemigeno

I'll move this to the Electrical section where there'll be more expert assistance/replies.

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Johnnys440Charger

Quote from: 68chargerdave on July 30, 2010, 05:59:24 AM
Good morning. I just had my steering wheel changed from a standard to a three spoke wood grain.The friend who changed it said it worked once after he installed it.I shorted the wire to the mounting stud and the horn works.But no matter how tight or loosely I tighten the 3 mounting screws on the ring,I can't get it to work.Any suggestions from the community? Thanks in advance!

Same issue with mine. I didn't have a chance to troubleshoot it yet.

Topher

What kind of button is in the center of the wheel? Some require an extra lead to be grounded inside the wheel to one of the three mounting bolts to complete the ground circuit.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Charger RT

I have nothing to contribute but the title made me say something I haven't said in a while. 30 years ago I fixed yellow cabs for a living. Every time a driver would say the horn doesn't work I would ask do the brakes work? After they said yes I would say use them instead of the horn.  :2thumbs:
Tim

Rolling_Thunder

I would remove the wheel and make sure the copper contact ring is nice and clean - use something like emry cloth - make sure you're getting good contact.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

A383Wing

Quote from: Charger RT on April 11, 2012, 08:42:43 PM
I have nothing to contribute but the title made me say something I haven't said in a while. 30 years ago I fixed yellow cabs for a living. Every time a driver would say the horn doesn't work I would ask do the brakes work? After they said yes I would say use them instead of the horn.  :2thumbs:
Tim

now that's funny right there!!  :smilielol:

Bryan