News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for dads 68 rt

Started by dodgeboy67, July 29, 2010, 08:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeboy67

just out of curiosity,

anyone here from apple river wisconsin? back in about 1987 my dad traded his 68 rt(solid, motor issues) for a low mileage 72 cuda. last i heard, it was restored. i would just like to know what ever happened to it. the guy who got it suposedly had a building that was full of charger parts off of several parts cars.

i know this isnt alot of info, but i was just hoping i could get lucky and have this guy be a member here.

1970Moparmann

Give as much details as you know.  :yesnod: Was this guy from Fondulac, WI by chance - the one with the Chargers and parts?  I know there is a guy up in that area that has a bunch of parts.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

got any old pictures ,  vin ,insurance cards , paper work , lic plates ? color  ?   any more info would narrow your search .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 29, 2010, 08:44:03 PM
Give as much details as you know.  :yesnod: Was this guy from Fondulac, WI by chance - the one with the Chargers and parts?  I know there is a guy up in that area that has a bunch of parts.

I looked at a 68 r/t that a guy in Fondulac was selling, well the pics anyhow. It was a JJ1, black top, stripe delete car. The car was in a barn surrounded by other Mopars. At least one other 2nd gen (white/black top) and I think a red 71 runner.

The RT was in rough shape but was loaded with options.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68pplcharger

bakerhillpins

Found the email with lots a pics... These don't show the problem areas.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

dodgeboy67

i am almost positive that it was apple river, but then i was about 14 so what the heck did i know..... car was light green, almost silver(not sure of the color code). no stripes or vinyl top. car was purchased in early 80s in savanna illinois. i am relatively sure that it was a #s matching car(440 i think). had dark green interior with light green pleats in the seats.illinois  license plates began with wv???????we always said it stood for "waynes vacation", because it took him his whole vacation to get it running good enough to drive.

i will try to find more info. i was just hoping i would get lucky, and one of you guys owned it(maybe the story sounded familiar), or knew who did. most towns in the area are pretty small, and people know pretty much everyone

on another note, i do believe that fon du lac is relatively close to apple river, i will have to check

dodgeboy67

oops....... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:after looking at the map, i realized that apple river is actually in northwest illinois. i was thinking it was right across the illinois state line, but it is actually spitting distance from wisconsin......sorry i moved away a long time ago.