News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advice on tire size for my 15x6.5 JJ wheels.

Started by NGC414, August 04, 2010, 12:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGC414

I bought a nice set of 15x6.5 JJ wheels from a board member a while ago. I found a nice set of new bias ply tires that have never been mounted from an abandond project. The front tires are g-70x15 and the rears are g-60x15.
Will the g60x15 be too wide for the 6.5 inch rims? (summits website reccomends a minimum of a 7 inch rim)
If so, I know its a longshot but does any one have any pics of what a g60 size tire looks like on a 15 inch wheel?

Thanks

NGC414

I bought a set of 7.75x15 bias ply tires yesterday, but I think they might look too narrow once I get them mounted and on the the car.
I might still pick up the g60s and g70s this weekend also.
Does anyone have either the g60s or 7.75s on their car now that could post up a few pics? This way I can get an idea of what they will look like before I have them mounted?

Thanks,

myaerocars

This does not answer your question, but I am running  225 70 15 on 15 x 6.5 rallye rims. Could got to 235 but not much wider.  I think they look too narrow on my car now.

Don't know the equivalent sizing with the old system.
Godspeed,
JON

NGC414

Thanks for the reply. I think the 7.75 tires are going to look too narrow. I'm going to pick up the g60s this weekend and take a chance on them.

myaerocars

Of course would love to see pics  when they go on.

Good luck!
Godspeed,
JON

NGC414

I picked up the G70 & G60s last night. Then found a killer deal on a local set of F70 redlined this morning, so I'm going to try to get those and re-sell the other sets. Third times the charm.