News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saturday September 11th - DC.com Road Trip to Santa Cruise down CA HWY 1

Started by ChgrSteve67, July 27, 2010, 10:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we try to do the Santa Cruise - HWY 1 Road Trip again ?

Yes - Sept 11th
2 (40%)
Can't Make it
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 17, 2010, 10:20:46 PM

ChgrSteve67

Saturday September 11th is the Road Trip to Santa Cruise down CA HWY 1.

Open to anyone that wants to drive what ever they want. Not just a Charger or MOPAR cruise.

Gathering point will be at 1st Street on Treasure Island in the parking lot next to the Marina.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Treasure+Island+1st+St,+San+Francisco,+CA&sll=37.815878,-122.370239&sspn=0.004195,0.009602&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1st+St,+San+Francisco,+California+94130&ll=37.815819,-122.370411&spn=0.002098,0.004801&t=h&z=18
If you go past the old guard shack which is now a Market and Deli you have pasted the parking lot.

Arrive around 9AM so we can take pictures and hit the road by 10AM

Since its a 2 hr drive to Santa Cruise we will plan to have lunch there.

So for I have the following attendees.
ChgrSteve67
Brock Samson
GunMetal
WHITE AND RED 69
Rallye
Dans 68
nappycharger69

-Steve

Brock Samson

Funny Steve - i was thinkin' just yesterday about floating this again..
  i'm in for whatever day,.. I just need to know well in advance,.. same deal meet at Treasure Island at 9-10:00 then a leasurly drive the 60 miles south,.. eat and back?.. Sound good?..  if that's too much we could always just have lunch at Nicks' in Pacifica, again. Have you checked the citys' events schedule for conflicting marathons, bike races, drag queen parades or some other such B.S?..    :shruggy:  :scratchchin:

GunMetal

Hi guys! We're in for either day as well. :2thumbs: We definetly need to do this.
Non illegitimis carborundum

WHITE AND RED 69

I might be in. I need to get the charger running again and some repairs done first which should be done in the next few weeks. Hopefully? 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Rallye

I'm planning on joining you guys this time.  Either day looks good for me...  I unfortunately missed the last one, but hopefully everything falls into place this time around.  It sure would be nice to see everyone and their rides in person.   
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

ChgrSteve67

I have not checked to see what local insanity may be going on around the bay area those days.

I'm not really sure of the best places to research bay area events online.
If you can help out in that area Dave I would appreciate it.

Check out the dates and if either one works we can shoot for the 4th to start nailing things down.

Shooting for the 11th now......

Dans 68

The 11th would be my preferred day between the two. I will be getting back from an extended "aloha" vacation late in the evening on the 3rd, and there would be no way I would make it the next day for a cruise. So, if most of the participants are amiable lets do the 11th.  ;D

I would be up for getting all the way to Santa Cruz this time, and with Treasure Island being the starting line it would be long day (I see lots of photos taken at a myriad of locations from the Island on down the Coast Highway :yesnod: ). Lets pick a dining location in Santa Cruz to finish the day.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

nappycharger69

Neal_J

Ryan & I will hang out @ T.I. with you - like last year.

It was great to meet folks and see some really nice cars.

Thanks for organizing, Steve & Dave.

Neal

Brock Samson

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,61527.75.html  first attempt... got as far as Pacifica...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67302.0.html    second meet on Treasure Island

a bump and the history...   please respond in THIS thread...   :lol:

ChgrSteve67

I have been searching the Internet and I do not see anything major happening in the Bay Area on Sept 11th.

With the responces so far I think I will lock down the poll and declair Sept 11th the winner and start listing those that have said they will go at the top in my first posting and start listing the locations and details as we work them out.

-Steve

nappycharger69

ChgrSteve67

So far the list of people and the details I'm updating in the first post.

I also posted a 911 question.

Brock Samson

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dans 68

Brock Samson

I have a real american flag i will proudly display.  :patriot:
can also print out and distribute 5 x 8 or 8 1/2 x 11 full color prints of what ever.
have some 3-M spray adhesive which will stick said prints. I will try an experiment later today to attach inside and outside windows...

might this be helpful?..  :shruggy:
I guess this is now an officially sanctioned www.dodgecharger.com event.
Troy?..

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 10, 2010, 11:59:18 AM
have some 3-M spray adhesive which will stick said prints. I will try an experiment later today to attach inside and outside windows...[/size]
might this be helpful?..

Yes

The American Flag will be great.

nappycharger69

Is any boby planing to stay in santa cruise that night.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

I'm printing and making removable adhesive full color photos in 8 1/2 x 11 or 4" x 6" prints to be stuck on the inside of vehicle windows, There are many choices but I thought you guys might want to go on google or FFFFFound and get your own, if you can shoot me an emailed copy at " stratocharger@gmail.com " I'll print it out and put the adhesive on (tape is also an option if you prefer I have a way to attach with tape that isn't unnoticable and is completley removable). I will have them avail. at the meet.
 I could also use a flag stand maybe a Christmas tree holder or some such device so the large flag I have will be well secured in any possible high winds, any suggestions are appreciated.

ChgrSteve67

Thanks Dave you are the MAN!

The current list of attendees along with event info, Locations, and times are updated in the first post so if you comming and your not on the list let me and dave know so he can have enough print outs for everyone.

Neal_J

Sorry, we can't attend this time. 

Ryan has a football game, his only Saturday game of the year, versus O'Dowd.   

Have a great time.