News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let me know if you get any Part of This:

Started by Brock Samson, July 25, 2010, 09:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

mauve66

true though, ever get a line of 50 people and start a story on one end and then listen to the "same" story when it gets to the other end???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brock Samson

"Funny"?..
no, it's not meant to be,.. it's a "facepalm" thing...  

Quote from: mauve66 on July 25, 2010, 09:46:16 AM
true though, ever get a line of 50 people and start a story on one end and then listen to the "same" story when it gets to the other end???

In my journalism class that was the first thing the teacher did was to tell three people a story with five facts of information, then, split us into three groups to share the story, then, we each had to write the story down and submit it    and each was then read aloud before the class... no two stories were alike.

:shruggy:  :eek2:

Tilar

The New York Times, cnn, msnbc, and cbs all come to mind and when you put them all together and then throw in a little of the Washington post that you have in your link you pretty well get the full circle.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

Quote from: Tilar on July 25, 2010, 09:53:46 AM
The New York Times, cnn, msnbc, and cbs all come to mind and when you put them all together and then throw in a little of the Washington post that you have in your link you pretty well get the full circle.
more like a mound instead of a circle.  usually has some steam coming off of it and flies surrounding it.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Grim Jhaixus

It's about things that are blown up for the reason of excitement. Who remembers Y2K? Then Global Warming, now the Mayan Calendar...
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

bakerhillpins

Well its true cuz I read it in the internet and then CNN told me the same thing!  :2thumbs:

::)
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Brock Samson

One of the things that always puzzels me is that we have all these news organizations and what not,.. say for example five to ten news channels on T.V. some are on 24 hours round the clock.. yet the same ten stories seem to be covered by all of them with so little original content,.. The "news hole" as it's known, is so small already, and the stories 'The Powers that Be" don't want covered all get a tiny press release on the weekend and are covered up by Monday.
One really has to dig and dig deep on the internet and then use a massive amount of salt and common sense and still do tons more research to get anywhere even remotely near the truth. Folks without the time and or resources (for example the internet), really are lost and at the mercy of legions of marketing manipulators.  :-\

mikepmcs

that's ok though... 2012 is right around the corner.  :D
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 25, 2010, 11:51:06 AM
Folks without the time and or resources (for example the internet), really are lost and at the mercy of legions of marketing manipulators.  :-\

Now you know how we end up selecting the pool of wonderful leaders that we get to choose from ever few years.  :brickwall:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Brock Samson

yeah, ain't that the truth... a retorical question...  ;D

TK73

That was hilarious!!

I had to send the link to my stepdad, he was a typesetter at the Washington Post for years... retired 1982.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Foreman72

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 25, 2010, 09:48:20 AM
"Funny"?..
no, it's not meant to be,.. it's a "facepalm" thing... 

:smilielol: :smilielol:

i thought the "what does this mean for obama?" was pretty funny...

well they say there is truth in every piece of humor...but i think the truth in this cartoon overshadows the humor ...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

MoparManJim

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 25, 2010, 11:54:27 AM
that's ok though... 2012 is right around the corner.  :D

Yep, a year and 5 months away  :icon_smile_wink:

Tilar

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 25, 2010, 11:22:23 AM
more like a mound instead of a circle.  usually has some steam coming off of it and flies surrounding it.

:rofl:  Aint that the truth.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Samson

Quote from: Tilar on July 25, 2010, 05:07:35 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on July 25, 2010, 11:22:23 AM
more like a mound instead of a circle.  usually has some steam coming off of it and flies surrounding it.

:rofl:  Aint that the truth.
Quote from: Brock Samson on July 25, 2010, 01:21:52 PM
yeah, ain't that the truth... a retorical question...  ;D
welp, i guess if enough folks repeat it, it becomes the truth, ain't THAT the truth?..

Brock Samson

'n While were on that subject, just for shits and giggles,.. lettuce discuss the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor...

:stirthepot:

mauve66

i haven't heard this one yet........................... :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Brock Samson

Oh, you know?..  the bit about it being a "Sneak Attack" 'n all that Baloney...  :D
It never was reconciled - how the Japanese codes were broken - all the flattops were out at sea - a Japanese Mini-sub was destroyed in the inner harbor - The waves of 300 Japanese planes were spotted on radar without alarm... Etc. Etc..
 And If you wanna go back much further, it can be argued the Japanese and Germans were pretty much goaded into WWII, by denial of fuel, markets, raw materials and various Europian and American legislated persecutions, particularly of the Japanese in Calif, in the '20s and '30s. Such as having their land, citizenship and businesses seized. Bet ya' didn't know that did you?..  :icon_smile_wink:
An objective overview would show the importance of Oil in these conflicts.
                      IN MY OPINION.

mauve66

:popcrn: :popcrn:
heard some of it but not the full story..............

also like the way the allies took land from the Palestinians and gave it to the Jews (Isreal) after WW2 and then everyone wonders why they have been at war for the last 60 years and Muslims hate westerners, besides all the history they had before that
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Grim Jhaixus

Quote from: mauve66 on July 25, 2010, 06:54:35 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn:
heard some of it but not the full story..............

also like the way the allies took land from the Palestinians and gave it to the Jews (Isreal) after WW2 and then everyone wonders why they have been at war for the last 60 years and Muslims hate westerners, besides all the history they had before that

Muslim vs. Jew has been going on since before we recorded history. "My imaginary friend is better than yours".

That being said, I do agree the U.N.s forced displacement of a bunch of suicidal fanatics from their holy land was a bad move.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

mikepmcs

chargergirl

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 25, 2010, 08:34:28 PM
INB4DA   :dancinglock:
HUH? Don't get that one at all. No one thought the Japanese would do what they did since there was no way back to the ship. We don't think in Kamakaze mind so the higher ups figured they were flying recon. Lots of he said, she said in the mix make it hard to define the issues.
Trust your Woobie!

draftingmonkey

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 25, 2010, 06:50:34 PM
  Oh, you know?..  the bit about it being a "Sneak Attack" 'n all that Baloney...  :D
It never was reconciled - how the Japanese codes were broken - all the flattops were out at sea - a Japanese Mini-sub was destroyed in the inner harbor - The waves of 300 Japanese planes were spotted on radar without alarm... Etc. Etc..
  And If you wanna go back much further, it can be argued the Japanese and Germans were pretty much goaded into WWII, by denial of fuel, markets, raw materials and various European and American legislated persecutions, particularly of the Japanese in Calif, in the '20s and '30s. Such as having their land, citizenship and businesses seized. Bet ya' didn't know that did you?..  :icon_smile_wink:
An objective overview would show the importance of Oil in these conflicts.
                      IN MY OPINION.

I believe there were 5 subs, 3 sunk in the harbor, one outside the harbor and one beached somewhere outside the harbor from mechanical difficulties if I recall correctly.

The reasons for Japans attacks go back further.  Japan annexed Taiwan in 1895.  Fought the Chinese 1894-95 for control of Korea, invaded Manchuria in 1937 and continued to fight there until the end of WWII.  Japanese expansionism in Asia started before the 1920's and anything that may have gone on in the US.  While there may have been some concerns about what was going on with Japanese-Americans in the US, Japan was more concerned with US reaction to their expansion ideas in the western Pacific. With the US in control of the Philippines we were in the way and our navy base there was to close for comfort.

As for Europe, WWII was partly a result of the poor treaties implemented at the end of the war, and the crushing reparations for war damage paid by Germany to the rest of Europe.  All the League of Nations treaties at the end of WWI did, was to just about guarantee that there would be another war. Whole books have been written about this.

As for the Israel/Palestine conflict, the UN, just like the League of Nations, dropped the ball.  But then again you will never find any answers with a multinational organization where all the members are most concerned about their own countries interests. It's just the way it is.

Brock Samson

aone415

HAHA classic... Fox News, the lone beacon of truth  :eyes:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

thanks for that, guess i won't be looking him up anytime soon :eek2:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mikepmcs

Quote from: moparstuart on July 30, 2010, 11:10:31 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on July 30, 2010, 08:46:41 PM
so lady gaga is the cause of it all?????
lady gaga is a dude  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Mauve, I'm pretty sure Stu is just joking.
ok, maybe not the most attractive woman on the planet and she certainly is off the chart in weirdness, but Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is not a dude although she is a switch hitter. I think she has some serious musical talent(piano since 4 and she's excellent) and actually like some of her songs.  She is a genius when it comes to marketing but I think it has taken over and she is starting to lose herself in the imaginary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga

mauve66

soooo, we're not 100% sure she/he is a she to start with????????????
of course that link you sent had a pic of blond hair so maybe i could get "suckered in"......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

moparstuart

Quote from: mauve66 on July 31, 2010, 09:43:18 AM
soooo, we're not 100% sure she/he is a she to start with????????????
of course that link you sent had a pic of blond hair so maybe i could get "suckered in"......................
:popcrn: :shruggy:

moparstuart

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Brock Samson

:rotz:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1044358/

the shorter version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

neither lady Gaga or FOX News...

derailed

Haha, George was and still is the man, always seemed to hit the nail on the head with just about everything.

Brock Samson