News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm Trying To Understand This..

Started by MoparManJim, July 24, 2010, 11:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Okay, I have been trying to figure something out for a while now.. it seems when I ask it at certain places women gets offended by it. Now I'm trying to figure out this whole thing.. from both the guy's view and the women's view. 

Now how can I say this with out getting the women offended, first off women, I'm sorry in advance if this offends you in any way, this goes for the guys as well. But like said I'm trying to figure out why it does. 

Now, when something goes wrong, bad, happens. Why does women panic, run, worry alot for? Why does when a man does something strange like in mixing foods or something dumb a woman says "That's gross"? , If they see someone pick at a scab they say "that's gross"? Why are women so sensitive? Am I missing something to all this?

When I am with my friends and something goes wrong, only afew of them keeps a cool head while the females mostly worries, start to panic. If a friend of mine is in a demo derby and something goes wrong with there demo car, the first thing happens is there girlfriend starts to worry or panic's and starts to get all emotional. What good will that do? It certainly to my view will not help out the boyfriend at all. Heck he probably doesn't even know.. 

What I kinda mean is when something happens, the women mostly falls apart or gets offended where as the guy doesn't as they mostly keep a cool head.

I'm just trying to figure this out is all as to why. I figure if I ask this here, maybe I can get some answers some what about it from different views to help me figure it all out. 

bull

This just in: women are different than men.

A383Wing

News flash:

Men will never understand women----ever!

<film at 11>

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on July 24, 2010, 11:12:00 PM

No crap sherlock! how long did that take you to figure out?  :smilielol:   

MoparManJim

Quote from: A383Wing on July 24, 2010, 11:21:08 PM
News flash:

Men will never understand women----ever!

<film at 11>

Maybe they will if people talks about it, if you don't discuss it then people will not ever understand it.  :shruggy:

jeryst

Its simple.

Men are the hunters. Women are the gatherers.

When men were out slaughtering animals, elbow deep in blood and guts, women were picking berries, tending the crops, and raising the children.

Imagine if you will, what it was like, a hundred thousand years ago, when our nomadic ancestors roamed the plains in search of food. The tribe is getting hungry, so the men get together, and plan a hunting party. It requires determination, communication, a sense of bonding, common sense, and teamwork. It's not easy to take down a buffalo or mastodon with bare feet and some pointy sticks. The hunter that struck the killing blow would be the hero and got the best cuts of meat, so it became competitive as well. As the men tracked their prey, they had to remain silent, alert, yet they were pumped up, ready to fight or run. Only after the prey was killed, could they let out their bottled up emotions and adrenaline by screaming and yelling, and pounding the ground, and each other. After their celebrating, the men would gut and dress the kill, and carry it back to the tribe, in boisterous fellowship. On the way back, the men would sometimes pick up a nice shiny rock or bauble to take home for the wife.

The women, on the other hand, stayed put in order to take care of the children, make clothes, gather nuts and berries, and tend their little gardens. These activities did not require things like common sense and teamwork. You hardly ever get attacked by an angry blueberry bush protecting its young. It wasnt necessary for them to keep quiet, so they didnt. They talked, exchanging news, ideas, gossip, whatever. "Doesnt Balungas hair look nice today?" "Is that a new fur that Chinga is wearing?" "How long do you leave your buffalo leg in the firepit?" While the men were gone, the women worried about them. Okay, maybe they didnt worry so much about the actual men, as they did about whether the men would bring home food for them and the kids, but they still worried. It was an added bonus if the man would bring home a shiny rock.

When the men came home, there was more celebration. The food was cooked, everyone feasted, and everyone was happy. The women were pleased, and the men probably got laid.
The men who brought home a shiny bauble, probably got laid twice.

So that explains why things are the way they are today.

Men bond, have common sense, dont talk a lot, are indifferent to gross things, are competitive, enjoy team sports, are loud and boisterous after a touchdown, and do their gift shopping at the last minute.
Women talk all the time, worry about things, take care of the kids, are nurturing and domestic, dont like killing things, lack common sense, and like to get things.
When men take women out to dinner (bring home the kill and feed them) the women are happy, and the man is more likely to get laid.
The man will probably get laid twice if a diamond bracelet is presented after dinner.

Okay, so I made it all up. But I think it explains a lot!

Darkman

I'm just trying to understand this thread!

Just live with them and don't try to figure them out....you'll end up having a stroke and dying!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

doctor4766

In the beginning, women were from Venus and men were from Mars.........
Completely different races.

I think that kinda explains the whole situation Jimbo
Gotta love a '69

A383Wing

I'm not sure why he's trying to understand women....he's having a hard enough time trying to understand his couch!

:smilielol:

Tilar

:lol:  That reminded me of something I read years ago so I posted it here.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71866.0.html
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Samson

A basic rule of thumb is that Men are all about their work and Women are all about their relationships but what really comes to mind for me first is the old saw about Rolls Royces,  Guy asks the salesman in the Rolls dealership how much a particular Car costs and the salesman replies - "if you have to ask - you can't afford it".

mauve66

its simple, women don't make sense and men do
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Todd Wilson

Quote from: jeryst on July 25, 2010, 01:48:22 AM
Its simple.

When the men came home, there was more celebration. The food was cooked, everyone feasted, and everyone was happy. The women were pleased, and the men probably got laid.
The men who brought home a shiny bauble, probably got laid twice.

That doesnt happen at my house?!

Todd

RECHRGD

I saw an attractive young woman pick her nose and eat it once.  I thought that was gross.  Am I gay???
13.53 @ 105.32

MoparManJim

Quote from: A383Wing on July 25, 2010, 09:27:48 AM
I'm not sure why he's trying to understand women....he's having a hard enough time trying to understand his couch!

:smilielol:

::)  :lol: Not again! I think people just love hitting me with that line..  :nana: 

Nea, I got that understanded..   

Women, I don't have understanded really BUT am trying to yet though...  :icon_smile_blackeye: 

MoparManJim

Quote from: RECHRGD on July 25, 2010, 11:53:11 AM
I saw an attractive young woman pick her nose and eat it once.  I thought that was gross.  Am I gay???

Um.. not that would be gross.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: , does that make you gay? heck no! it makes you human!

But now, sense you ask if that would make you gay because of what that person did, why would you even think of the word gay for? That thought entered your train of thoughts for a reason. 

RECHRGD

Quote from: MoparManJim on July 25, 2010, 12:05:25 PM

Um.. not that would be gross.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: , does that make you gay? heck no! it makes you human!

But now, sense you ask if that would make you gay because of what that person did, why would you even think of the word gay for? That thought entered your train of thoughts for a reason. 

Just trying to interject a little humor.  Your thought process is way too deep for my tiny mind. 
13.53 @ 105.32

MoparManJim

Quote from: RECHRGD on July 25, 2010, 12:13:24 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on July 25, 2010, 12:05:25 PM

Just trying to interject a little humor.  Your thought process is way too deep for my tiny mind. 

:lol: 

I hate to tell you this bud, but my thought process does go way deeper then just that just so you know.

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on July 25, 2010, 12:57:09 AM

No crap sherlock! how long did that take you to figure out?  :smilielol:    

Apparently I figured it out before you did. You're the one asking. :shruggy:

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on July 25, 2010, 03:07:48 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on July 25, 2010, 12:57:09 AM

No crap sherlock! how long did that take you to figure out?  :smilielol:    

Apparently I figured it out before you did. You're the one asking. :shruggy:

No, your only figured out there sex, I'm asking about why they are the way they are as in acting how they do.

To different issues.  :lol:

bull

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on July 25, 2010, 05:27:58 PM
:coocoo:

That would be me.  :nana: 

At least I'm trying to understand and asking the questions, that is the only way you will understand something, you won't understand just by looking at it.  :lol: 

To understand something you must ask questions.  :yesnod: 

Brock Samson

to understand?? or two to understand? help me too to understand please?..  :brickwall:

:stirthepot:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 25, 2010, 05:56:19 PM
two understand?? or to understand? help me too understand please?..  :brickwall:

Both!  :rofl: 

Have you not ever look at something that you wondered about and not ask questions? I guess not by the sounds of it  :lol: 

Brock Samson

your posts all the time Jim...  :lol: at least we don't need the Cuda Ken Decoder ring... do we Jim?..
actually i do understand your posts, I just have to break dance while reading 'em...  :ahum: