News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

E3 spark plugs review

Started by RD, July 25, 2010, 11:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE BAD, THAT THEY ARE JUNK, OR YOU SHOULD NOT BUY THEM.... I am just posting this thread so you all can see that these spark plugs are not impervious to failure... see pics.

guy had a four cylinder, the other 3 are in good shape, i warrantied this spark plug for him.  pics not great, sorry.

i have heard from owners on these plugs that they have gained at least 1 MPG in fuel efficiency, so they are worth the extra money in that regard.

~~~~~

you can see where the plug exploded up through the ceramic and the electrode melted
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

He musta been running too much NOS and didnt have his leaf blower power induction setup right.

Todd

BrianShaughnessy

I've been considering some uppity spark plugs for my 5.9 GC prior to the Nats run next month.   It appears to get 'around' 17 mpg highway if I stare at the overhead console 'mpg-o-meter' for long enough.

Some dude with a Durango has been keeping a website with all his mods.  He put in E3's and recorded better fuel mileage also but made no butt dyno claims.  http://snowdigger.com/the_garage/garage_projects/spark_plugs/spark_plugs.html

As usual, my friend Rick E. says all spark plug claims are a bunch of crap.  :lol:

I've seen blown up Champions, broken AC's and about everything else over the years.   I know I get good service from autolites  :Twocents:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

68X426

Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 25, 2010, 11:37:22 AM
and didnt have his leaf blower power induction setup right.
Todd

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's funny!

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

RD

He musta been running too much NOS and didnt have his leaf blower power induction setup right.

Todd

nope, just a regular four cylinder dodge caliber... dont you own one of those todd? :D hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on July 25, 2010, 01:25:32 PM

Todd

nope, just a regular four cylinder dodge caliber... dont you own one of those todd? :D hehe

yeah but my spark plugs are just fine.