News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pics of my -68 Charger R/T.. Just arrived in Sweden!

Started by DanneP, July 24, 2010, 04:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanneP

Well, some of you might remember my thread about the U.S roadtrip that a friend and I were doing.
Both of us wanted to find a car to bring back home, but that time I didn't have any luck finding one.

However, I did find a car later on!
Looked at lots of pics, sent lots of emails to the owner, and finally I decided to go ahead and buy it!
Then came two months of waiting while the car was being transported from Ohio to Sweden.

Gotta admit it was pretty hard on my nerves sending money to a person I've never met, to buy a
car I've never seen in person..

So this wednesday (july 21st) the car was finally in the north of Sweden, and I could go pick it up! :woohoo:

First thing that happened when I turned the ignition key was..... nothing.
So a quick run to the auto parts store to buy a new battery, then it started immediately!
I loved the sound of the 440 right away  :coolgleamA:
Soo different from the 1975 Cadillac 500cui I've been driving around in the last month  :lol:

So right now I'm facing yet another month of waiting.. Lots of paperwork that needs to be done in order
for me to get the Charger registered and legal to drive.
(But yeah, I've cheated a bit and laid some rubber.. who could resist?  :D  )

Well, I guess you guys wanna see pictures!
Recognize the car? I bought it from a celebrity  :icon_smile_big:

DanneP

Took some pics after I had given the Charger it's first Swedish bath  :yesnod:

DanneP

And two pics of my lil' barge  :icon_smile_big:
A 1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille that I bought to drive around in during my vacation.
Just completed a 1,700 miles long raodtrip in it

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

doctor4766

Sweet Charger!!
Congratulations mate.

Funny how I always imagined a Swedish bath to have at least two buxom blondes in bikini's though.....
Gotta love a '69

R2

DanneP

Quote from: doctor4766 on July 24, 2010, 05:30:23 AM
Sweet Charger!!
Congratulations mate.

Funny how I always imagined a Swedish bath to have at least two buxom blondes in bikini's though.....
Thanks!

Yeah, the blondes were taking the photos.. Took two of them to figure out how to use it  :icon_smile_big:

DanneP

Quote from: R2 on July 24, 2010, 05:36:45 AM
Is that Troy's old car ?

congrats.
It sure is!
I'm very happy with it, feels great to drive

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: DanneP on July 24, 2010, 05:45:28 AM
Is that Troy's old car ?

congrats.
It sure is!

Congrats!   :2thumbs:

and also congrats for coming up with (hopefully) Troy's new sig:   I'm a celebrity in Sweden!   :lol:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

CRZNYT

66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
60 Plymouth Fury Convertible
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

Dans 68

Very nice! I didn't know Troy had found a buyer for his car. But I am surprised that he didn't give you a decent battery.... :D

Congratulations on the purchase and arrival of another Charger away from the USA:2thumbs:  You'll have fun.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Tilar

Quote from: DanneP on July 24, 2010, 04:06:35 AM
Well, I guess you guys wanna see pictures!
Recognize the car? I bought it from a celebrity  :icon_smile_big:

I recognized that one right off. I bought some new quarters for my 68 from Troy and he had it in the garage when I went to pick them up.  He has some pretty cool toys.  :yesnod:

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 24, 2010, 08:42:46 AM
  and also congrats for coming up with (hopefully) Troy's new sig:   I'm a celebrity in Sweden!   :lol:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

DanneP

Quote from: Dans 68 on July 24, 2010, 01:53:52 PM
Very nice! I didn't know Troy had found a buyer for his car. But I am surprised that he didn't give you a decent battery.... :D

Congratulations on the purchase and arrival of another Charger away from the USA:2thumbs:  You'll have fun.

Dan
Actually, he installed a brand new battery before the car was shipped.
But somehow the battery died somewhere along the way.

69charger2002

man that's my old 68  :( glad you got a nice car DannyP, but it is a slight bit depressive for me. Every one of my good chargers i've sold over the years have ended up overseas. 3 69's in england, a green 69 R/T in sweden, that 68 R/T now in sweden, my 74 cuda went to Germany, my black 69 R/T went to Italy pretty recently. Not much chance i'll ever be able to buy any of them back. Please always keep us updated on that car, i sure do miss it. I tried a few times to get that car back from Troy, we just couldn't work out details.  Please give it a good home!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

DanneP

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 24, 2010, 09:00:38 PM
man that's my old 68  :( glad you got a nice car DannyP, but it is a slight bit depressive for me. Every one of my good chargers i've sold over the years have ended up overseas. 3 69's in england, a green 69 R/T in sweden, that 68 R/T now in sweden, my 74 cuda went to Germany, my black 69 R/T went to Italy pretty recently. Not much chance i'll ever be able to buy any of them back. Please always keep us updated on that car, i sure do miss it. I tried a few times to get that car back from Troy, we just couldn't work out details.  Please give it a good home!
Look at it this way, you're helping the Mopar hobby all over the world  :2thumbs:

And yes, I promise to give it a good home  :cheers:

Daniel

Vainglory, Esq.

DanneP

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on July 25, 2010, 04:28:47 PM
QQ1?

I like the wheel setup.
I don't know if it's an original Mopar color on the car right now.
Originally it was a JJ1 stripe delete car

Troy

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 24, 2010, 08:42:46 AM
Quote from: DanneP on July 24, 2010, 05:45:28 AM
Is that Troy's old car ?

congrats.
It sure is!

Congrats!   :2thumbs:

Cool! Wonder what that will get me?

Quote from: DanneP on July 25, 2010, 04:46:03 PM
Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on July 25, 2010, 04:28:47 PM
QQ1?

I like the wheel setup.
I don't know if it's an original Mopar color on the car right now.
Originally it was a JJ1 stripe delete car
It's currently LL1 turquoise. I compared it to a fresh 68 Roadrunner a few weeks before it shipped out and it's a dead match. I always thought it was too dark and maybe a 69 color but I guess not.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Nice. I like it better than the Caddy. ;) Are you going with dog dish hub caps?

DanneP

Quote from: bull on July 25, 2010, 08:36:56 PM
Nice. I like it better than the Caddy. ;) Are you going with dog dish hub caps?
I like it better than the Caddy too   :lol:

I might try to find a set of dog dish hub caps, I really like that look.
Either way I'm painting the wheels black, I think the car will look more aggressive that way  :coolgleamA:

Later on I'm thinking maybe Cragars or slots  :scratchchin:

DanneP

DanneP

Quote from: Troy on July 25, 2010, 07:48:54 PM
It's currently LL1 turquoise. I compared it to a fresh 68 Roadrunner a few weeks before it shipped out and it's a dead match. I always thought it was too dark and maybe a 69 color but I guess not.

Troy

Cool.
The color is really starting to grow on me, I like it more and more each time I look at it  :2thumbs:

69 rt

Nice car, I hope you enjoy it. Keep us posted on all you do to it :cheers:{

Brock Samson

I've allready congradulated Danny via FaceBook and Danny - say hi! and Hello to your Buddy Danny who scored the Trans Am for me as well please...
 My R.R. went to Sweden via Germany from Sacramento in the space of three Mos. Couldn't sell it here in the States -though I got 20 Lookie Lous wanting Pics.  :shruggy: It is depressing. There's no doubt they're in appreciative hands though.
       :2thumbs: