News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 C500 owners with axle packages, p.s.pump question

Started by hemi68charger, July 23, 2010, 06:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 24, 2010, 07:40:06 PM
How about the pulley DB?

Where is it? I couldn't find it anywhere....... Maybe I need to put on my spectacles?  ;D ..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Usually in the center - by where the shaft comes through.

Here is a pic... 0449   44th day of 69.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

learical1

They say that cat Shaft is a baaad mo-fo.
(Shut your mouth!)
But I'm talkin' about Shaft.
(And we can dig it!) :D
Bruce

maxwellwedge

hemi68charger

Quote from: learical1 on July 24, 2010, 08:48:21 PM
They say that cat Shaft is a baaad mo-fo.
(Shut your mouth!)
But I'm talkin' about Shaft.
(And we can dig it!) :D

Oh how the topic changes gears..........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemigeno

ooooohhhkayyyyyy

:lol:

Back on the subject...  Here's what I have gleaned from the mounds of paperwork:

>>  The diagram posted earlier shows B/RB engines with the Leece-Neville alternator, not the EED (Chrysler-built) alternator.  Chargers were not eligible for a (Sales Code F15) 65amp L/N alternator, that was more of a police/taxi application.  There was a sales code F19 "special order alternator" listed as available on Chargers, but I'd wager this week's paycheck you won't find that on very many Charger broadcast sheets.

>>  The only power steering pump listed on the engineering graphics for a '69 B-body with sales codeE86 (440hp) is the Saginaw pump, and the keyed note referenced along with Part Number 2891162 (PS oil cooler) explains which axle ratios got the pump.  The keyed note reads as follows:

NOT PART OF PWR. STRG. PUMP ASSY.
USE ON .94 PUMP W/ E31,44,55 ENG. AND 3.55 & 3.91 AXLE RATIOS - VBL
AND W/E61,63,85,86 ENG. AND 3.54,3.55,3.91,4.10 AXLE RATIOS - RW

>>  From a strict 1969 B-body perspective, Federal pumps were used on only Hemi cars (unless you get into the aforementioned Belvedere & Coronet police/taxi obscure applications).  Regardless, there was not a part number, in either the parts book or any of the engineering graphics, for a Federal power steering pump oil cooler that year.  PS pump oil coolers simply were not used in 1969 on Federal pumps, although they were quite common from '72+.

I'll gladly look at any info/documents to the contrary, but that's the way things look to me anyway...

maxwellwedge

I got to agree with Geno.

DB - A date off that pulley will peg the vintage of that Federal pump 100%   I'm guessing 72-73.

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 26, 2010, 05:19:38 PM
I got to agree with Geno.

DB - A date off that pulley will peg the vintage of that Federal pump 100%   I'm guessing 72-73.

Hey Jim...
I forgot to check it out, but based on the numbers on the pump and cooler, I'm going with '72... I'm sending it back to Pete, he can use it. I have found a Saginaw with pump for the same amount, so I'm looking good to go...  ;D
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

AHHHHHH, for me life is simple, my 500 doesn't have power steering or brakes :smilielol:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

472 R/T SE

I don't know what pumps were correct for any year just that 3:55, 3:91, 3:54 & 4:10 factory cars got the ps cooler.

3:54 & deeper basically.

Maybe the paragraph in red in Geno's post says that.  :shruggy: