News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Charger off to the bodyshop

Started by NHCharger, December 19, 2005, 04:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

After procrastinating for 5 years or alway having an excuse I decided it was time for a new coat of paint on the 71. She's wearing the same coat she had when i bought her 10 years ago. I finally had rust problems on the rear quarters and driver's door. I swung by the shop on Nov. 5th that gave me a quote last year and talked to the owner (one man operation and he doesn't drink). Seems that he just had someone cancel a big  job at the last minute and the 2 other jobs in the shop are a pay as he go's deal and no one has paid him recently. I offered to pay him cash and he said bring your car back in 2 weeks and I'll fix the rust, then bring her home and strip her down and get it back here by Xmas.
Off she goes to her home for the next 6 weeks.
BTW, using a bucket for a seat sucks a$$, almost fell over backwards driving onto the trailer ::), although the wife found it amusing.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger_Fan

It's even a cracked bucket too! :lol:

That's cool though, I bet you can't wait to get it back. :icon_smile:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blakcharger440

Hey, that bucket wasnt cracked before he sat on it!  :lol:

bull

Hey, you beat me by one day! :icon_smile_angry: Mine goes to the paint shop tomorrow. I don't have a bucket seat like you do.

dkn1997

I especailly like the briggs and stratton gas tank strapped where the grill was....

by the way, a tool box makes a more stable seat in that situation.  Don't ask me how I know....
RECHRGED

NHCharger

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 19, 2005, 07:21:06 PM
by the way, a tool box makes a more stable seat in that situation.  Don't ask me how I know....

Thanks, I still have to load it at the shop when it's done. Hate to look like a dork in front of the bodyshop guy.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Beer

NH, if he wants another one to do let me know, I think the restore guy I was gonna use fell through :(
Mine is striped down just like yours begging for a good shop to bring her back to life.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mikemopar

You put it on a trailer,.. chicken ;)
Are you staying with the same colors?  Keep the in progress pix comin' :thumbs:

NHCharger

Hey Beer, you've got a PM heading your way.

Quote from: mikemopar on December 19, 2005, 09:29:08 PM
You put it on a trailer,.. chicken ;)
Are you staying with the same colors?  Keep the in progress pix comin' :thumbs:

I don't think the local police would have approved of my safety restraint systems :P
And yes she is staying Hemi Orange.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: NHCharger on December 19, 2005, 09:42:54 PM
I don't think the local police would have approved of my safety restraint systems :P

How would they know, it doesn't have a shoulder restraint does it?

I drove my Charger through the middle of town without an exhaust system at 7:30 AM.

No guts no glory.

Silver R/T

is it gonna be red wth black top? nice color combo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

nh_mopar_fan

Brian,

That's going to be beautiful when it's done.

Shakey

Hey Brian,

Cool pics!  Keep us updated and post more pics when you can.

Try a milk crate as they are a bit more stable than a bucket!  I picture the Wife laughing, as mine would do the same!

Like the colour combo also!   :thumbs:

Shakey

Charger_Fan

I've used a small lawn chair before...just don't gas it very hard. ;D

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 19, 2005, 11:12:04 PM
is it gonna be red wth black top? nice color combo
:crazy:
Quote from: NHCharger on December 19, 2005, 09:42:54 PM
And yes she is staying Hemi Orange.
:slap:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Croatia

Nice pictures Brian. And cool car. She will be awesome when finished.  :coolgleamA:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

70charginglizard

So I take it that your either doing the roof later or happy with the way it looks as is. Thats why you didn't take the front and side windows and vynal off?

Thats what I did at first but ended up doing the new vinyl roof later anyway.   :)

Should look killer when done.

I had a charger that looked almost just like that one once. Same color and everything. Now all I have is the lizard thogh.

Good luck and have fun.  ;)
70charginglizard

TeeWJay426

Cool, Brian! Am going to be pulling the engine and tranny out of mine over the winter, and stripping it to get it ready for the same. Haven't located a paint shop yet. When do you anticipate having her all back together?
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

NHCharger

Lizard, I replaced the top 10 years ago, without all the dust on it it still looks brand new.

Tom, I should have the car back in 6-8 weeks. I'm hoping to have it back on the road by spring 07. I plan on taking it to Carlisle that year. When i get the car back I'll let you know. Your welcome to come over and inspect his work. This is the third bodyshop I've dealt with in 10 years. From what I've seen so far he is by far the most professional. I've never seen a beer can in his shop, and he actually returns phone calls.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Nupe

Thanks for the pics Brian and can't wait to see her with a new coat of paint.     :icon_smile_cool:

'79 Lil'Red Express.