News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would I beat my friend?

Started by chargerrt_09, July 21, 2010, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt_09

Hi everybody! I just picked up an '09 Charger RT Daytona. I love this car. It's ride is awesome, it runs great, and it actually has room to carry people! Lol. I DID have a question though... My friend has a pretty fast car, and I was wondering if we were to ever race, what you guys think the outcome would be? He's had his car for about 3 years, so I was just wondering... I figured since there are some old school muscle car guys here, I can get an unbiased answer from people that actually know their stuff. My friend is a member of another car forum, so I was able to get all the mods he had without having to ask him and look stupid writing it down. Lol.

My car:
2009 Charger Daytona- auto
K&N coldair intake
Shorty headers
catted y-pipe
Magnaflow catback

rwhp?? rwtq??

His car:
2000 Trans Am WS6 automatic
MTI clear air lid
K&N filter
Ported and polished throttlebody
Throttlebody coolant bypass
SLP smooth bellows
Ported/descreened maf
LG Catch Can
42# injectors
Speed inc. fuel rails
removed EGR
Ported LS6 intake manifold
Comp cam 232/234 .595/.598 112 lsa
LS7 lifters
510 Race Engineering Stage I heads
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Hooker longtubes
Custom offroad y pipe with electronic cutout
Slp dual dual catback
Yank ss3200 stall
GM 3.73 gears
BMR Lower control arms
G-force Dyno tune

rwhp:408 rwtq:372

mauve66

take him to the track and find out, most tracks have a open test and tune or friday night grudge match or high school drags or something to keep people off the streets
doesn't matter if his car is faster or yours is, its the guy who gets it to the pavement and fastest reaction time that wins
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

chargerrt_09

I want to, but the thing is... I've never raced a car at the track. Whereas HE has. I remember him saying with drag radials he did low 11's.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: mauve66 on July 21, 2010, 09:04:00 AM
take him to the track and find out, most tracks have a open test and tune or friday night grudge match or high school drags or something to keep people off the streets
doesn't matter if his car is faster or yours is, its the guy who gets it to the pavement and fastest reaction time that wins

:iagree:

Keep it on the track.. the street racing laws these days can cost you.

Quote from: chargerrt_09 on July 21, 2010, 09:05:54 AM
I want to, but the thing is... I've never raced a car at the track. Whereas HE has. I remember him saying with drag radials he did low 11's.

There is a first time for everything. Get out there and give it a shot!  :2thumbs:

There is a thread in here somewhere with someone going out to the track for the first time.. Ill see if I can locate it.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

SRT-440

I know a lil about LS1 cars and with his mod list he will over power u pretty easily...even if u had a SRT8 he'd beat you. But from a roll u might hang with him for a gear or so. If he's in the 11's with drag radials he's prolly in the 12's with street tires..ur prolly mid 13's with perfect traction.  :2thumbs:
Go to the track and bracket race him..it will be a little more fair.  :icon_smile_wink:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Tilar

If he's doing low 11's he'll chew you up and spit you out.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Nacho-RT74

yes will beat you. One of the reasons... AERODINAMICS
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TK73

Quote from: Tilar on July 21, 2010, 10:00:48 AM

Exactly
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

NGC414

I wouldnt worry about what he says it runs. In most cases what people say they run and what they run are entirley different things. Your already the underdog, so you have nothing to lose.
I wouldnt worry about your track experence. Since its an automatic street car just waite till the last yellow light on the tree and mash the peddal and keep it straight, by the time you actually move it will be green. Not much else to it.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Wicked72

Get on the track asap!!!! Getting some track time will help you get the feel before your rdy to racem. Honestly hes got you beat but do your home work and save your pennies and draop some good mods into it! dont be afraid of the track its fun and you will most likely meet ppl that are into the same car that can give you some insite on what your might wanna do. But! beware...once you start going to the track you may not be able to stop hahaha :2thumbs:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

challenger70

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 21, 2010, 12:56:35 PM
Quote from: TK73 on July 21, 2010, 10:26:07 AM
Quote from: Tilar on July 21, 2010, 10:00:48 AM

Exactly

:iagree:

:yesnod: At least w/ 4 doors you might have 1 or 2 left after he blows them off :lol:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

Ponch ®

You're going to get pwn3d (if he really is running those times he claims). My friend's 07 Daytona has more mods than yours (headers, mids, CAI, Diablo tune, CMR tune, exhaust, etc) and runs maybe low to mid 13's at best. 330ish hp at the wheels, last time he dynoed it.

With what you got my guess would be around 300 hp @ the wheels...and that may be a generous estimate.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Domino

Quote from: challenger70 on July 21, 2010, 04:51:14 PM

:yesnod: At least w/ 4 doors you might have 1 or 2 left after he blows them off :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rolling_Thunder

He would wad your **** up big time...        My friend has a similarly modified 2000 Firehawk and he schools Z06 vettes on a regular basis...       Any racing should be done at the track but just to answer your question -  yes - he would beat you like you owed him money
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Silver R/T

He has quite a large build list, bud. Better get a faster car if you want to beat him. LS1's are no slouches
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ponch ®

I just realized your car is an '09...so you should have the HEMI that puts out 370 hp...so you're looking at maybe 320-330 at the wheels. You'd still get spanked though...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

DAY CLONA

If he's running 11's,...you need to drop a few doors and add some NOS so you can at least read his rear liscence plate :lol:

viper r/t

Yea, those trans ams are deff. not a joke, even stock.

I like my mopars, but ls1's are pretty cool machines

69charger2002

yep that T/A will wax your ass like it's not that hard. Those cars with mods are wicked fast. they are very aerodynamic.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Cooter

Sounds like you need a SUPERCHARGER of some sort. Maybe throw in a cam, etc...

Silly Rabbit,He's gonna clean your clock......Too many mods for your basically stock car...Hemi ain't THAT bad.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TXcharger70

Ya I agree you would get raped, had a few friends that had them and they beat you like a redhead stepchild

dkn1997

he'd beat you like a NARC at a biker ralley! 
RECHRGED

Wicked72

Get twin turbo setup! OH YEAH! :2thumbs: although you may blow his off youll prolly blow yer motor... but hey it would be one hell of a run! :smilielol:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

BB1

:horse: <=== this is how it would look.
Delete my profile