News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is a bunch of BS. Iroquois lacrosse team denied entry into the UK

Started by bull, July 20, 2010, 09:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 21, 2010, 03:53:35 PM
you mean they made it harder for undocumented undesirables to get into their country? How dare they?!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

tricky lugnuts

"Also, it looks like the only security requirement the Iroquois passports are missing are RFID chips. The Iroquois passports are "just paper" and RFID chips are required per the "Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative" that went into effect last year:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/bob_ford/20100716_Bob_Ford__The_tangled_story_of_the_Iroquois_lacrosse_team.html

Got to love the those hemispherical travel initiatives! Better than trade agreements for trashing a nation's sovereignty. Thankfully our folks in Congress, ever intelligent, decided that we all wanted to join! Yay! RFID me!"

That's why it's a big deal all of a sudden!

bull

Quote from: TK73 on July 21, 2010, 03:46:49 PM
Probably some changes in UK law disqualified the papers where they were valid previously... maybe similar to our own changes requiring a passport for Mexico/Canada travel where a DL/birth certificate were sufficient previously...

you mean they made it harder for undocumented undesirables to get into their country? How dare they?!

Interesting you say that because the "too bad, so sad" routine you're using here is absent from your posts in those illegal immigrant threads.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on July 21, 2010, 05:27:18 PM
Probably some changes in UK law disqualified the papers where they were valid previously... maybe similar to our own changes requiring a passport for Mexico/Canada travel where a DL/birth certificate were sufficient previously...

Interesting you say that because the "too bad, so sad" routine you're using here is absent from your posts in those illegal immigrant threads.

and the "too bad, so sad" routine used in the illegal threads by others are absent here.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TK73

Yep, happens that way when people are emotionally attached to an issue... that's why we have laws...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 21, 2010, 05:32:12 PM
Quote from: bull on July 21, 2010, 05:27:18 PM

and the "too bad, so sad" routine used in the illegal threads by others are absent here.

No, we're talking about separate issues. One being a group of people refusing to obey the rules of a country they've entered illegally; the other a group of people who are arguing against, yet complying with, the rules of a country they wish to enter legally. This issue is an argument surrounding one nation recognizing the sovereignty of another.

bull

Quote from: TK73 on July 21, 2010, 05:37:35 PM
Yep, happens that way when people are emotionally attached to an issue... that's why we have laws...

One the Indians don't like but are compliant with; the other ignored and taken advantage of.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on July 21, 2010, 05:41:09 PM
No, we're talking about separate issues. One being a group of people refusing to obey the rules of a country they've entered illegally; the other a group of people who are arguing against, yet complying with, the rules of a country they wish to enter legally. This issue is an argument surrounding one nation recognizing the sovereignty of another.

If they were complying with the rules, they wouldn't have been turned away. They were expecting the UK to change, ignore, or make an exception to their rules and accommodate them.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 21, 2010, 05:43:59 PM

If they were complying with the rules, they wouldn't have been turned away. They were expecting the UK to change, ignore, or make an exception to their rules and accommodate them.

And if the UK were complying with the fact that the Iroquois Nation is a sovereign nation, which it is, there wouldn't be an issue either. :shruggy:

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on July 21, 2010, 05:47:54 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on July 21, 2010, 05:43:59 PM

And if the UK were complying with the fact that the Iroquois Nation is a sovereign nation, which it is, there wouldn't be an issue either. :shruggy:

Except the UK doesn't have to recognize them as such if they don't want to. However, if the Iroquois wanted to go there, then they have to abide by their rules. If they were that adamant about their status as a recognized nation, they would have boycotted the tournament in the 1st place once the UK's stance became clear.

bull

The Iroquois are abiding by the UK rules. That doesn't mean they, or I, have to like the rules and can't speak out against them. You know this nothing more than a bunch of red tape BS semantics. Basically you're saying it's ok that Onata the Iroquois should be denied his license application at the DMV because he forgot to dot an "i" on his form and the snag behind the counter is on a power trip. I'm saying that's wrong. However, you say it's quite alright for Jose to license his $300 Taurus with no title even though he just ran across the border at 2 am three nights ago. This is where our arguments differ on this type of issue.

Oh well, Sammy Hagar is better than David Lee Roth.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on July 21, 2010, 07:28:50 PM

Oh now you've gone and taken it to a whole new level. This aggression will not stand. :2guns: :cussing:

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 21, 2010, 07:54:49 PM

Oh now you've gone and taken it to a whole new level. This aggression will not stand. :2guns: :cussing:

Boy, you sure sidestepped that one. :scratchchin:

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on July 22, 2010, 12:38:37 AM
Quote from: Ponch ® on July 21, 2010, 07:54:49 PM

Boy, you sure sidestepped that one. :scratchchin:

No, I think both are equally unacceptable.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

The Iroquois are abiding by the UK rules. That doesn't mean they, or I, have to like the rules and can't speak out against them. You know this nothing more than a bunch of red tape BS semantics. Basically you're saying it's ok that Onata the Iroquois should be denied his license application at the DMV because he forgot to dot an "i" on his form and the snag behind the counter is on a power trip. I'm saying that's wrong. However, you say it's quite alright for Jose to license his $300 Taurus with no title even though he just ran across the border at 2 am three nights ago. This is where our arguments differ on this type of issue.

no they aren't abiding by the rules, the document changes went into effect last year so they have had at least 6 MONTHS to get their shit together and didn't bother cause "their special"
UK doesn't have to recognize them as a nation, just like we don't recognize all the changes in governments in the middle east and africa
like i said before a special group wanting special priviliges, maybe i should start lobbying that all Veterans get VETERANS DAY off with pay just cause i think we are more deserving than any other honest hard working american citizen

federal dollars pay for the roads that go through any "sovereign" indian nation, my federal tax dollars, if they want to be a sovereign nation then start taking care of your people with money from YOUR nation and not mine
were indians here first?? yes , did we invade and conquer?? yes  why do they deserve any more favors than any other nation that has been invaded and conquered anywhere else in the world??

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bull

mauve66

naw man, i love a good DISCUSSION, besides, the doctors have it all wrong

you get heart attacks from keeping everything in and then FINALLY blowing up, due to the fat in your arteries all the time during you "quiet" times
if you keep your blood pressure high ALL the time your body is used to it and it keeps the fat cleaned out from all the high pressure
don't believe me??
go look at the inside of you house drain pipes and then look inside a fire hose................. all that pressure in the fire hose keeps it perfectly clean :shruggy:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

bull

That's weird. My dad had a heart-attack and he pretty much always had steam coming out his ears. :shruggy:

mauve66

always 1 exception to ever rule............ i hope........... maybe i've just had good luck the first 40 years of my life.... my wife says my luck is running out.............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment