News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lost a close friend & site member RIP

Started by 8WHEELER, July 20, 2010, 03:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Very sad, my friend user name ''Winged 1'' his name was Eric. He had two strokes at the beginning of the year.
He was had just recovered from that, then went back into the hospital with a lung problem. Not long after
that visit he was told he had stage 4 lung cancer, and it had spread to his spinal cord.

He did the standard Chemo once a week for over a month, then he did double treatment a day for less than
a month. Well near the end they found out the Chemo had done little to no good at all. He was in and out of the
hospital lots of times of coarse, but the last time he was in for a week with other related and un related problems.

He came home Saturday, and Monday I got a call   :'( :'(  he fought a good fight, he was a great guy, generous
to a fault, he was one guy I could count on if I was in a bind, and being Paralyzed I need more help than most.

He will be missed by many, some people you just can't replace   :brickwall: :brickwall:  it hurts all over  ''WHY OH WHY''

RIP Eric my friend.

A few pics of his 69 he was working on, he spared no expense, we hope to finish it, hope to make him proud   :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Skyview69

That is a sad story...sorry to hear that.  His Charger looks awesome...please keep us updated on the progress.  Sorry for your loss.

Nacho-RT74

Oh God!!! I remember him!!! it looks a great guy, and sure more sad for you, since was a close friend...

RIP!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

4cruzin

Cancer is one bad dude and I certainly feel for you.  I lost my best friend 2 years ago just after his 40th B-day and it is terrible to watch someone die this way.  Very sad situation . . . . 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

MoparManJim

I was wondering why I haven't seen him on here for alittle while now. I'm sorry to hear the sad news indeed   :icon_smile_dissapprove: 

RIP Winged 1  :engel016: 

My68Charger

Sorry for the loss. I know and understand the pain, I have lost my Mother and Father both in the last 5 years to the same thing. :brickwall:

RECHRGD

So sorry Dan.  Cancer is a bad way to go.  Was he the one with the wing car at the Charger.com meets?   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

jaak

Sorry to hear about your loss. Real, true friends are few and far between. RIP.

Jason

tan top

awww  nooo thats sad news !!!   RIP  Winged 1
  , sorry for your loss Dan  , life is cruel  , & its the people that get left behind , when some one close passes ,
  keep us updated with his chargers progress

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

It really sucks, I know. My Mopar buddy's been gone about three years now and he had to put up with that annoyig chemo too. He hated it and I hated what it did to him. Anyway, sorry for your loss, Dan.

Also, am I seeing things or did he powder coat the gas tank? :o

71ChallengeHer

68X426

Sympathy goes out to you Dan. Friends and family matter most of all.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TruckDriver

I remember him. Sorry about his passing Dan. You'll do him proud finishing the car.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

My condolences to you & his family.  Very sad indeed.  Hope to see progress reports on his car you intend to finish in his name.  Godspeed.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Awe man, what a bummer!!! If you ever need help with finishing his Charger, let me know Dan :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BBKNARF

Sad to here, I also had a friend who passed allmost a year ago with the same thing, your buddy is in a good place.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

8WHEELER

Quote from: RECHRGD on July 20, 2010, 04:40:44 PM
So sorry Dan.  Cancer is a bad way to go.  Was he the one with the wing car at the Charger.com meets?   Bob

Hey Bob
No, but he did go to a couple of the Charger meets in Kent in his work truck. Anyway he was a HUGE fan of Eagles hence the
name. He has so many paintings pictures etc of Eagle things its unbelievable, the plan was to have somebody etch good size
Eagles into both 1/4 windows. So that still needs to happen ''FOR HIM''

He just had that 69 charger, and one basically still complete 69 parts car. Both cars were 383 cars, the car being used for parts
had the three way seat in it, and a factory tach. This is the first and only 69 383 auto Charger I have seen with a factory tach   :shruggy:
So those are restored and ready to go in the car, when the car is ready for them.

He had been working on the car for almost 10yrs, he had the hole car blasted, and was planing on driving it everywhere, so he had
the hole bottom of the car Rhino Lined. I think every single nut bolt bracket and suspension part he coated with poor 15, including
the gas tank, he took so much time and care doing that to every single small to large part it was amazing, I have never seen
anybody take the time and care like he did, this car will last forever, at least that was the plan.

I had a 69 440, so 6yrs ago I kind of talked him into having my 440 built instead of the 383 he had in the machine, but I did not
have to try very hard   ;D

Dan

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on July 20, 2010, 06:42:47 PM
It really sucks, I know. My Mopar buddy's been gone about three years now and he had to put up with that annoyig chemo too. He hated it and I hated what it did to him. Anyway, sorry for your loss, Dan.

Also, am I seeing things or did he powder coat the gas tank? :o

Hey Bull
No, actually 99% of the parts on this car he coated with POR 15, especially everything under the car, yes and the gas tank.

The engine has been in the car since last summer, but work kept him from getting time to get it all bolted together, and a
chance to hear it run   :rotz: :rotz:  I was waiting to take pictures of the engine until it was all bolted in, so no pics yet,
but hopefully soon.

Yep Chemo sucks, I lost another of my 68 buddies almost 4yrs ago to cancer. He had just completed the resto of his 68
Roadrunner, just like the one he bought when he got home from Vietnam, he lived about 3mo after that car was done.
That is the QQ1 car that is the correct color, so we are matching the paint used on that car, his wife still takes both
cars to car shows, she is a real cool gall.

Dan

bsakal

My condolences, and I hope you are able to get the car finished. His spirit is alive in that car.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

hemi68charger

Dan,
Sorry to hear about Eric's plight.. May he rest in Peace with the Lord..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

Dan,

I think that its awesome that you guys "his friends" are going to finish his car as a tribute to the real owner.

:angel: RIP Winged 1
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mike DC

Sorry about the loss.  He sounded like a great guy.  Cancer is no picnic. 

200MPH

sorry about your loss may god be with him
Charger

RD

Dan, sorry for your loss mate.  I will hold you, him and his family in prayers.

Jamey
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander