News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to identify a front disc kit used to upgrade a 3rd gen?

Started by WM23N1G1, July 30, 2010, 08:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WM23N1G1

Hi,

I need to change brake hoses, because they're getting old. My '71 Super Bee used to have front drum brakes, but a long time ago, it was converted to front disk brakes.
It has been done more than 15 years ago, before I buy it. I think they weren't any disk brake kits at that time. The po must have played junkyard quest...
Anyway, I now need to know from which car it came, for me to be able to order brake hoses, and brake pads.
What should I look for to identify the setup? I will take pics, for sure, but I don't know where to start...
Is there a list somewhere that describes which cars can be cannibalized to convert a 3rd gen to front disk brakes?

I don't have any brake booster btw, I don't have much vacuum anyway...

Thanks for your help.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

WM23N1G1