News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gilmer drive belt??

Started by mauve66, July 14, 2010, 05:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

anyone ever use this?? sent them a question about having more pulleys for PS and AC, would be alot cheaper and less cluttered than the sepentine system

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380250543148&fromMakeTrack=true
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mikesbbody

There was a Thread about them not so long ago by one of the Aussie Members they are quite popular Downunder (Australia New Zealand) a lot of Guy's like them because it gives you that "Supercharger sound" don't know what you would do about P/S? most car's have P/S so, do you use a regular belt for your P/S? I don't know.

mauve66

the crank pulley doesn't have any spot for a V belt, i sent him a question about it.  you would think they would have either a thinner belt so you could get 2 side by side to get one to the PS or something....

maybe the mechanics of everything wont work or something, maybe those dang aussies don't need no stink PS, bet they have AC though.........
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mikesbbody

I posted this reply on the other Gilmer thread by mistake! it was meant to go here sorry!

I've been looking on a local site and in one auction it say's there's a groove in the crank pulley for P/S, in the other auction, it say's there's another optional pulley for P/S don't know about A/C
But for the A/C thing I know it get's hotter in Aussy than it does here in New Zealand, but maybe they just do what we do here in NZ...roll the window down  :lol: if you look at that other thread I think it's on Car Guy Discussions there's some more info and a link that may answer your question about P/S etc.