News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hydroboost Question: Brake Pedal Height

Started by bill440rt, September 08, 2010, 07:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

To those here that have a Hydroboost setup in your cars, what is your brake pedal height? My '69 Charger had manual brakes, the kit comes with an adjustable brake rod. There are 2 heights to mount the brake light switch on the brake pedal assembly, instructions say to lower it. Mine was at the highest mount, so I lowered it as per instructions. Brake pedal is low, about the same height as the gas pedal! I think that might be a little too low.
Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

doctor4766

Is Hydroboost a brand name or do you just mean power assisted?
After adding a booster to my car the pedal was definately closer to the floor than before.
Give it a try before you panic.
Gotta love a '69

John_Kunkel

Here's the brake pedal height on a factory power brake '68 B body.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Rolling_Thunder

I am currently installing my hydroboost but i plan on making my pedals even...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

b5blue

Bill I just converted from stock power to manual and the peddle sits so high I had to move the switch bracket all the way to it's max. adjustment away from the floorboard. Are you using all supplied parts off the peddle? I would think you can adjust peddle height up more then just adjust the switch so it works. The difference is so great I had to retrain my foot to "find" the peddle.   :2thumbs:

bill440rt

John, thanks for the pic. That definitely is reassuring.

Neal, I was able to play with it a little more. I basically moved the switch as far back as it would go, & lined the pedal height up to that. It's a little better now.
Here's a pic. Doesn't show it so well, but the pedal is almost 1 inch higher than the gas pedal.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

:yesnod: At this point I'll admit when I pulled the carpet out of mine I left the gas peddle off and removed the roller, I've been driving it just stepping on the lever. Now I'm use to that feel but with manual brake peddle height so high, I'm going to have to put a gas peddle back on......where the heck did I put those parts?   :lol: