News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear suspension upgrade??

Started by cryotek, July 13, 2010, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cryotek

I would like to upgrade my suspension without "back halfing" the car and loose my back seat.  Car has over 630 HP and is mostly a cruise in car but a couple trips down the strip will happen each year.  I like a 4 link but dont want to loose back seat.  Ladder bars are OK.

Any suggestions???  Pics welcome also.

Patronus

4 link is the way to go... and an XV stage 1 suspension kit. Why would you loose the back seat?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Big Sugar

What are you planning to do with the Car ?
Set up for the "Drags" or build a nice "all around Cruiser"
What is your Budget ?

You can dial in your excisting rear suspension, that will get you Better handeling with a stock look ,Or you can go with a stage one suspension upgrade ,(Stiffer Swaybars +shocks front and rear) or go Stage 1/2 typically sold by XV Motortsports or Hotchkis performance, Or Go full out Handleing with a  performance K member and a coilover rear end....You looking a $8-10,000 for full out high performance handeling.
If you thinking rear ends for starters go here and read up.....http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/leaf.shtml
Remember Number 1 is your foundation ! Get the Chassis in order, Stiffen it up correctly then cover Bushings Shocks and alignment as number two, Then move onto Swaybars, Steering, Brakes, for #three .

Start from the Chassis and work out. Makes no $cents buying performance Shocks /Bushing/ Swaybars if you car is a waterbed.

Ron

Ron

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

HOTROD

HERES 2 MORE REILLYMOTORSPORTS.COM street-lynx it is a 4 link and UNLAWFUL RACING suspension systems is the one I like !!!! :2thumbs:
What the Hell-Dumass !

Bobs69

Anyone know anyone that has used an old Jaguar independant rear suspension in an old mopar?  Then you'd have disc brakes on the rear end too.

Brock Samson

that old trick was on light T-buckets in the mid '60s i don't think the old XKE stuff is stout enough to handle the B-bods which are 1K Lbs. heavier, i seriously doubt the geometry would line up in anyway shape or form,.. I'll pop over to ALLPAR and see if I can't get Bob Sheeves to give some input.  :shruggy:

HPP

For a cruiser that never sees more than a few passes down the strip, I'd stick with the stock leaf springs. Add a snubber for those days you do go to the drags and leave it at that. Just get soem really good shocks nuder it and you'll be set.

jb666

I'm curious of the same thing the OP wrote about..

How are Mopar Performance springs compared to stock?? Mine are soft and I'd like to replace them, and came here looking for advice.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Year/1969/Make/DODGE/Model/CHARGER/Department/Chassis-Suspension/Part-Type/Racing-Springs/?Ns=Rank|Asc