News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Hemi Charger pics

Started by 65post, December 18, 2005, 11:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

This car used to be not far from me.The guy sold it several years back.But it still is here in Quebec.Its the real deal.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Brock Samson

chargervert

I saw a B5 blue Charger R/T Hemicar at Carlsile,that was from Canada. The Hemi emblems were located in the same spot on the front fender. The Hemi Chargers I have seen in The U.S. have had the emblems on the front part of the fenders.

65post

The B5 Hemi R/T-S/E is from here in Quebec not far from where I live.He has had it since 1971 I believe.The 70 purple Hemi challenger convertible that was in the Otis chandler`s collection in California came from this guy.He also had a 69 Hemi GTX rag but I believe it went south.Here are a few pics of them.As far as the emblems go I have seen them that way on US cars also.Anybody know why?

Brock Samson

stock the HEMI badge was on the front of the car..

chargervert

All the 70 Hemi Charger R/Ts I have seen from Canada,have the emblem between the wheel,and the door.U.S. cars have them before the wheel.

charger Downunder

[/quote]

TruckDriver

Nice Car. The perfect color combo too!!!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

That blue '70 looks great.  Where did you find that photo?  Do you have more?   :scratchchin:

Chris G.

Quote from: 65post on December 19, 2005, 01:31:59 AM
As far as the emblems go I have seen them that way on US cars also.Anybody know why?

My only guess could be that the resto shop had no idea where they went and probaby used a 68 or 69 as a reference? They couldn't put them on the door (because of the scoops), so they figured to get them as close as possible? Just a guess of course, I don't think it had anything to do with Canadian cars or when they were built.

Charger_Fan

Wow, both those Chargers look beautiful! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

65post

Quote from: Shakey on December 19, 2005, 07:21:36 AM
That blue '70 looks great.   Where did you find that photo?   Do you have more?     :scratchchin:
The pic of the B5 blue one I found  posted on this site or the  moparts site.I have more pics of this car but I will have to scan them .I Will post them when I get them done.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nupe

Frikkin' drool!     :o

Looks like a good excuse to make a Canada road trip this summer.   Especially if these cars will be at the shows.   :yesnod:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

viper r/t

Dodge Don

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on December 19, 2005, 08:23:11 AM
Quote from: 65post on December 19, 2005, 01:31:59 AM
As far as the emblems go I have seen them that way on US cars also.Anybody know why?

My only guess could be that the resto shop had no idea where they went and probaby used a 68 or 69 as a reference? They couldn't put them on the door (because of the scoops), so they figured to get them as close as possible? Just a guess of course, I don't think it had anything to do with Canadian cars or when they were built.

I agree. I do not think Y07 cars had different HEMI emblem placement than Y05 cars.....now Rene's B5 car is apparently original so I can't explain why the emblem is there. Would be interesting to compare build dates to see if that played a factor. We know the fenders were not pre-drilled so exact location was left to the line worker.