News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

splash shield gasket clips are plated wrong?

Started by MRCHARGER, August 09, 2010, 12:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRCHARGER

Most of my original parts have been salvaged and restored for my 68 Charger. All of my splash shield fasteners have been buried in undercoating for forty two years. A day or two of soaking in carb-cleaner and their original state has been revealed. The small wire clips used to attach the rubber flaps and gaskets in the fender area were not originally done in zinc they were done in yellow zinc di-chromite (heater bolts, master cylinder cap...) All of today's replacement parts include clips that are zinc. Having them plated the right way is not difficult.

Can someone who has done a concourse resto help make a thread of what is correct in every area of a 68 Charger. I am willing to help as I have documented which bolt goes where and even have pictures of the bolt heads and markings. I'm not doing a concourse car but I sure am having fun pretending too. It's really important to me to get the car as close to factory as Chrysler did.

I'd love to see this site have the most comprehensive database of how to restore a 68 Charger to all of it's factory glory. Pics., descriptions, solutions to lost parts, it would really help a garage restorer like me. You only have so much time for research a day. I know it's all on here somewhere , lets get it to the same place.  Is it possible? 

68 RT

I would think either "could" be correct. Think it would depend on the vender they got them from. I'm sure they used more than one vendor for clips screws etc. Good luck on the resto!  :cheers: