News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alberta Wrecking Yard *Warning Dial-Up Users*

Started by Drache, August 01, 2005, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

I was just surfing the net and found these pictures of cars that are sitting out in some Alberta Wrecking Yard and I'm wondering where this place is! It has thousands of old cars just sitting out in this huge field!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

There are Roadrunners, 2nd and 3rd gen chargers, darts, cudas, challengers, coronets, everything!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Drache

I wonder how many cars though went to that place and met their fate long before it was their time to go. doesn't look like that many of those cars would be saved if at all....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ChargerRob

That's sad :(  I could use some of those parts.
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

mustanghater

this RR has side body moldings, was that an option  :shruggy:
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Drache

I wonder how much he might charger for some of these parts! Notice the Dart that's in the shed and supposedly not for sale...
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Last two batches! Does anyone know what a "Gold Duster" option duster was? The gold colored duster (second picture) had a decal on the fender that said "Gold Duster". Oh yeah and is that a Super Bee decal I see on the orange car third down?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Last batch! There were SO many more pictures that I skipped over! I just posted a few of the better MOPARs I could see!

Once again, anyone know where this place is?!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Wow, there's definitely a lot of good useable parts there...I'd sure like to wander around that yard for a while.

...in the summertime, that is. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

IBsmokin

The guy sells  parts all the time on northern mopar club ( http://www.mopars.org/ )  I called him up, he wants an arm and a leg for parts.  he wanted to charge me 800 bucks for quarter panels per side, so $1600 for both quarter panels, I ask him if he was on Crack!!!!
he scored most of the cars from the Indian reservations in Alberta and saskatuan.

Lowprofile

Quote from: IBsmokin on August 01, 2005, 02:27:14 PM
The guy sells parts all the time on northern mopar club ( http://www.mopars.org/ ) I called him up, he wants an arm and a leg for parts. he wanted to charge me 800 bucks for quarter panels per side, so $1600 for both quarter panels, I ask him if he was on Crack!!!!
he scored most of the cars from the Indian reservations in Alberta and Saskatoon.

Its people like this [junkyard owner] who ruin this hobby for all of us. Of course he has every right to make a profit from his business, but for God's sake, lets be reasonable!!! :rotz:   :scared:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lightning

probably Alberta, Canada is where the yard is, if not Alberta, New York.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

PocketThunder

Man that second picture almost looks like it might be an XX car......
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 01, 2005, 12:18:17 PM
Wow, there's definitely a lot of good useable parts there...I'd sure like to wander around that yard for a while.

...in the summertime, that is. :icon_smile_big:

Hey CF, that's Canada, it was summertime when they took those.   :icon_smile_big:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BigBlackDodge

Wow.................don't know if that's heaven or hell......... :P

BBD

Troy

Quote from: mustanghater on August 01, 2005, 11:13:55 AM
this RR has side body moldings, was that an option  :shruggy:

I believe that's a 72-74 Baracuda.

On the rest of those pics, does it look to anyone else like someone was jumping from roof to roof?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chargerguy74

HOLY F@CK DRACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my home town! You have no idea how pissed I am to see those pics. I went there once for Charger parts, he turned me away and told me he had none. I'll be giving him a piece of my mind.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

javakmcharger68

So  Chargerguy74, where you from?  ;) What is the deal with these cars anyways. The guys not restoring them all is he.

Drache

Quote from: Troy on August 01, 2005, 10:38:41 PM
On the rest of those pics, does it look to anyone else like someone was jumping from roof to roof?

Troy

I think that's due to the weight of the snow on the car's roof year after year....  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Highbanked Hauler

Hey Pocket Thunder,I think that it is snow filling in the rear  window.If it was a 500 the glass would be at the same level as the edge of the roof. HH. :'(
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Chargerguy74

Quote from: javakmcharger68 on August 02, 2005, 07:06:06 AM
So   Chargerguy74, where you from?   ;) What is the deal with these cars anyways. The guys not restoring them all is he.

The guy's prices are out of this world. Can't figure out his thinking. Probably why I see so many body panels still left on these cars.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002