News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to deal with migraines??

Started by Axels73Charger, July 02, 2010, 06:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green71R/T

I use to get 2 or 3 migraines per week but since I have reduced the amount of refined carbohydrates in my diet I now only get 1 or 2 migraines per month.The triggers were perfumes,chocolate,hard cheese,peanuts,some cleaning products,diesel exhaust,chinooks,alcohol,and some chemical odors.Now the triggers aresome perfumes,some cleaning products,and some chinooks.If I eat more than 30 grams of sugar in one day the next day all my triggers return.It takes about three days to become less sensitive to migraines again.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Green71R/T on July 07, 2010, 03:42:43 PM
I use to get 2 or 3 migraines per week but since I have reduced the amount of refined carbohydrates in my diet I now only get 1 or 2 migraines per month.The triggers were perfumes,chocolate,hard cheese,peanuts,some cleaning products,diesel exhaust,chinooks,alcohol,and some chemical odors.Now the triggers aresome perfumes,some cleaning products,and some chinooks.If I eat more than 30 grams of sugar in one day the next day all my triggers return.It takes about three days to become less sensitive to migraines again.

I've never really watched what I ate and determined if stuff like that has any effect on my headaches.   What the heck is a chinook?  Helicopters give you a migraine?   :lol:

Todd

restoman

Mine are usually triggered by weather and air pressure changes. If I'm lucky, Excedrin Migraine will relieve some of the pain. Most times it doesn't. Nothing else I've tried so far works.
I get incredibly sleepy most times, and usually go down until the next morning. If I wake with a headache, I pretty much know I'm done for the day.
Last year I had only one or two for the whole year, this year since mid January has felt like one after another. Spring and fall are the more frequent occurences.
They pretty much take me out for a day or three, sometimes longer. Afterward feels like I've gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
Sound doesn't bother me, but light and smells sure do! Not uncommon to find me wearing sunglasses in the house.

71ChallengeHer

Don't let them put you on Fiorocet , you can get rebound headaches from taking it. Ask me how I know  :brickwall:

Green71R/T

I've never really watched what I ate and determined if stuff like that has any effect on my headaches.   What the heck is a chinook?  Helicopters give you a migraine?   lol

Chinooks are a warm wind that occur in the winter here in southern Alberta.The temperature can go from -30C to +10C in less than one hour.Huge barometric change.

stripedelete

Quote from: Green71R/T on July 07, 2010, 03:42:43 PM

My cousin got rid of the carbs and his went away.  Lost 40 Lbs too.