News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which is better MOPAR Nats or Carlisle?

Started by noff57, July 09, 2010, 07:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noff57

Just wondering which one is better to go to? I have seen alot about carlisle on here and not so much on NATs.  :shruggy:

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

AKcharger

Carlise is much, much,much,much more organized, we go most every year. NATS is chaos for show parking unless you're in the judged area or the car corrall. Only thing NATS has going for it is a very nice 1/4 mile strip right on site. I went once to the NATS...that was enough

ACUDANUT

Neither, they both favor the eastern side of the USA.  Why not have this in the middle of the USA, so more people can meet in a nuetral territory.  :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 09, 2010, 09:23:07 AM
Neither, they both favor the eastern side of the USA.  Why not have this in the middle of the USA, so more people can meet in a nuetral territory.  :shruggy:
Lebanon, Kansas?   :scratchchin:    :icon_smile_big:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_center_of_the_contiguous_United_States
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jobbless

i have never been to the nationals. i go to carlisle every year. thinking i might try to make it to both this year. 
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

noff57

I have been going to the Nats for the past couple years and i have enjoyed it. Just wondering what made Carlisle so good?

gschmidt211

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 09, 2010, 09:23:07 AM

Does this count for middle of the USA?

http://monstermopar.com/

I have not attended this show, but I have heard good things about it and it is supposedly getting bigger every year.  We are going to give it a go this year.

I have never been to Carlisle, but the Nats are fun.  I do enjoy the Nats, but you do have to get used to the lack of organization.  It is basically a free for all inside the gates.  Last year we parked inside the judged area with our car club parking.  That was nicer.  Again, no real organization.  Just get past the gate and park where you feel, how you feel.  However, there are less cars for the space provided, so the parking is a bit easier in the judged area.  We will be back in the judged area again as it is a Superbee tribute year (and club parking).
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

69*F5*SE

41husk

Monster Mopar is nice, about 1/2 the size as Carlisle.  Hotels and Motels are much cheaper and it is centraly located.  I think timing hurts them a little, just because they are the last big show of the year and many people have already used there Mopar money at Nats and Carlisle  :Twocents: beings it is located in my back yard, I never miss :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

Depends on what you want to do somewhat.  At the Nats you can park with your buddies and have a great bench race together.  Carlisle you have to park with all the cars that are like yours and locate your pals (if they are driving a different type of vehicle of course).
I like Columbus for the party. :Twocents:

PA Dodger

Carlisle is a very organized car show. I love it for the chance to see all kinds of Mopars, even new ones, in a well laid out manner. It's my favorite Mopar "car show".
Mopar Nats is my favorite "Mopar Happening". Yes, the general car show is very haphazard. But I love the drag racing, and the cruising afterwards, and all else that goes with it. 

Other than that it's pretty much the same Mfr Midway, and swap meet, and car corral.   

Dan
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

grdprx

Are there any major Mopar shows in the West?  Or just big "local" shows?

Ghoste

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on July 09, 2010, 04:23:52 PM
Monster Mopar is nice, about 1/2 the size as Carlisle.  Hotels and Motels are much cheaper and it is centraly located.  I think timing hurts them a little, just because they are the last big show of the year and many people have already used there Mopar money at Nats and Carlisle  :Twocents: beings it is located in my back yard, I never miss :2thumbs:
more wing cars there  too  @ monster mopar  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE