News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 rallye flat hood plain gage 318 special order car worth $32,000 ??

Started by 89MOPAR, February 01, 2010, 04:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

89MOPAR

I saw a car advertised as a rallye package charger without the normal rallye parts and the ad read [to me] like it was written by a dealer. Says its worth 32,500.
 I wrote the guy and advised him it wasn't a rallye if it didn't have the bulge hood, round gages, hood pins, etc.

Maybe i shouldn't be telling people what their cars are, granted, but i don't like seeing cars mis-advertised, and new Charger buyers getting duped.

The guy wrote back all angry and dismissive, because it is "a special order car that had stuff deleted."
I responded pointing out it was a 'weird' car and he'd probably be luckier to get 15K for it.
 Then he wrote back saying i've never owned ****, he owned a bunch of $50K+ chargers, and i should *bleep* off and die.

Good drama.  Anyhow here is the car.....http://www.cars-on-line.com/39278.html

Opinions ?

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Chargerguy74

"Possibly" 1 of 1.....so are all of mine. He has the build sheet. Is there an "A57"? Argent, not black grilles?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

41husk

looks like a nice 74 Charger somebody put rallye stripes on :shruggy:  I guess I have the rare 1 of 1 73 Superbee :scratchchin:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on February 01, 2010, 05:01:14 AM
"Possibly" 1 of 1.....so are all of mine. He has the build sheet. Is there an "A57"? Argent, not black grilles?

Ryan... are you still alive? LOL... good to see you.

NOT EVEN BEING A REAL RALLYE with 440 can be that valued... $18K it could be right priced if being a real BB rallye

Is not a rallye definitelly.

$10-11K as much if REALLY is in good conditions, so being generous with pics
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71383bee

I agree that ain't no rallye and even if it was (which it ain't) a 318 rallye is not worth 32k.  For crying out loud that would be more than a lot of 71 super bees, 72 rallyes, and 71/72 SE's.

The guy's probably watched too many BJ auctions or is just pissed he paid big $$$ for a vanilla 73 charger with a rallye stripe put on it.  So it was special ordered to have a standard hood, non blackout for the grilles, and a standard shoebox dash (biggest giveway)?  Right?!?!  And his attitude to your challenges is a real give-a-way too. 

However I do somewhat agree that you shouldn't be posting to sellers and telling them what they have.  Anyone who knows 3rd gen charger would pick this thing apart in a heartbeat.  If someone is dumb enough to buy it believing its a true rallye that is their problem...not yours.  Asking ?'s on sites like this if your unsure is the best advise you can find.  A good example is my buddy picked up a great deal on a 72 rallye that was mislisted as a 71 charger.  Sometimes it works in your favor.       
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

89MOPAR

*Update, he claims it sold for $ 27,500 !!   " At An Auction in Arizona ".   [ yet his ads are still running ]

With a parts store battery holddown, red A/C expansion tank, and overspray on the hood latch ??

Anyone know a Dave in Salt Lake City who supposedly owns 2 or 3 Hi Dollar '71 Chargers ??
  I am going to invite him on here to educate us....

Thanks Nacho, thats essentially what i told him.
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71383bee

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 01, 2010, 08:52:58 PM

*Update, he claims it sold for $ 27,500 !!   " At An Auction in Arizona ".   [ yet his ads are still running ]

With a parts store battery holddown, red A/C expansion tank, and overspray on the hood latch ??

Anyone know a Dave in Salt Lake City who supposedly owns 2 or 3 Hi Dollar '71 Chargers ??
  I am going to invite him on here to educate us....

Thanks Nacho, thats essentially what i told him.

Man i call BS on that...unless its a neophyte who has no clue.  27,500 can get you a VERY nice 71/72 BB car.  If someone was foolish enough to do that...

I agree 12k MAX for a decent 318 wannabe rallye.  Did the guy even post a copy of the fender tag?
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

89MOPAR

No he didn't post the fender tag..... go figure.  You can see it in the engine compartment pic, stripped of paint [?]

71383bee- that's why i don't feel bad about calling out BS.  Rather protect the neophyte, than condone possibly dishonest actions by doing nothing.

Hopefully he tells us where it sold. I offered congrats to him on such a spectacular price for his car + said there is a sucker for every seat....

For the record, i like weird combo's of colors, engines, options,etc.

He responded to E-mail, but....

edit to add***** hmmmn, he never revealed where his car sold...    I invited him over and provided the link so he can educate us on Chargers.
  Be carefull if he shows up, apparently he has a habit of beating up Navy Seals, among others.
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400

Smokey Bear

Who knows.... it could be a rare Rallye car that every Rallye option was deleted but the stripes :lol: 

I personally like the statement that the car is appreciating $3k-4k per year. My reverse math says it was worth $0 five years ago?

Your just asking for grief even trying to talk to this guy.  He does not want to know the car is misrepresented, that way he can claim innocence when the buyer finds out.

EccentricMagpies

....okay, I just joined this forum... and I don't know if I should be worried about what I own after reading this thread.
I have a WH23L4..... 360HP / 4spd
has rallye cluster, rallye strip, hood pins, but I read they also came with '...special exterior badging'...
I'm not sure what these might be.  Perhaps the 'Magnum' emblems on the hood?

I just picked up another WH23L4A... , oddly enough, a 360HP / 4spd (although this one had blown it's motor years back and currently sports a 440Magnum)
But... it has the exact setup as what I have on my first one I picked up in March.  Actually it had the 'Magnum' emblems my other car was missing.  The previous owner appeared to have placed 440 Magnum emblems in thier place or something since that is what the paint dis-color shows, since these were gone.

So... long story short... is there some special marker or something on the fendertag I should be looking at to be sure?
thanks... sorry for the long wind...
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Chargerguy74

How many 360 HP "L" code 4 speed cars are out there LOL. Mine is a KT5, non console 4 speed. The "L" code 360 was only availible with the Rallye package in 74. As for what codes on the tag may prove the car is a rallye....A57 (goodluck if you've got a Lynch road car), V21 if ordered with the performance hood treatment.

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

EccentricMagpies

Okay, I guess I feel a little better after you had me check that out.

I was told they made 94 of this combo, 360 4spd rallye package.  I can't check the yellow one I just picked up until I get home though.  They ban it from work to go to photo bucket.

Thanks for your reply on this.
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

lisiecki1

I don't know why, but that side shot of your car in the second pic makes me giddy like a school-girl.....guess I should go spend some time with mine and get some stuff done....beautiful car!
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

EccentricMagpies

Ha ha...
thanks lisiecki1 !!

I think it just might be the dull paint against the bright colors ..

Anyhow, I got a shot of that other fendertag, at least the part of interest. 

This photo shot will make you thankful for what currently sits in your yard.
http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/EccentricMagpies/Second%2074%20Charger/?action=view&current=224.jpg

'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd