News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BAseball fans: Yankee announcer Bob Sheppard RIP

Started by dkn1997, July 11, 2010, 04:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

You don't have to be a baseball fan or Yankee fan to appreciate his voice.  He did the player introductions at the stadium from 1951 till 2007 or 2008 I forget which.  It had been about 3 years since he worked a game.  He has been called the "voice of god"  Derek Jeter actually recorded one of his many sheppard introductions and has it played to this day for every at bat during home games. 

Obviously I didn't know him, but from features written about him and tv shows, etc, he was a really class act.  If you have never heard his voice, I"m sure you could find it on youtube.  worth it. 

RECHRGED

Old Moparz

He had a great voice as an announcer, & I remember him being there forever. It's amazing how long he was there. My first Yankee game was in 1971 when the Yankees swept the Washington Senators in a double header, but I don't remember Bob Shephard specifically, just a loud booming voice. It seemed like it was one thing you could count on going to the game & took it for granted he would always be there.   :'(

A small side note, my wife came home from work at the school about a year ago & asked me if I knew who Bob Shephard was. I said "yeah, why?"

His daughter is a teacher at the same school where my wife worked & my daughter goes. Small world.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry