News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are you going to do all winter?

Started by my73charger, December 18, 2005, 06:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Myself,

Plan on replacing a my tranny with a sturdy built one.  Plan on doing some front end work.  A little tuning.  Save up for my aluminum heads.  Maybe some snowmobile fun.  Maybe some sleding.  Probably lots of Play Station 2.....

Old Moparz

If I do anything in the garage, it'll be to get the Scamp & the Road Runner finished. I need to drop off the 8-3/4" rear I have for the Scamp to get it checked out so I can swap out the lowly 7-1/4" that's been making noise. The 4 speed for the RR will go to the same shop to make sure it's okay before I go through all the trouble of installing it. There's more, but that's the 2 biggest obstacles. I wouldn't mind having some heat in there though.

Other than cars, I'll build a snowman with my daughter. She'll want to make a snowcat intead, so after that I'll wait until she goes to bed & put some feathers in it's mouth & tell her it's been catching the birds going to the feeder.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

HAZZARDJOHN

I am finishing up my old boat that I was redid the floor last year.   I did the interior so nice that I don't like the exterior any more. It's in decent shape but it needs some cracks fixed.

Here are some pics from the day I bought it: Interior is different now and I bought a new trailer.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

yellowcuda

We are finishing the garage.  Almost done.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

TruckDriver

I wish I had a garage :(   So even though I have lots to do, there's no way in hell in I'm lying out in this 5 degree weather and working on the Charger. So as usual, I'll be couped up in the house all winter now that I'm layed of till spring :(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

So much to do, so little money.
My 71 Charger goes to the shop for paint tommorrow. I'll have it back in February.
On my 72 Charger I'm going to change the water pump and do some misc. items. May get the back bumper re-chromed depending on funding. I'll putter on the 71 when I get it back, will be April 07 before it gets back on the road.
This all depends on how my right elbow heals, Doc said 2 more weeks before I can do any carpentry work, he told me to stop turning wrenches also ::) :flame:.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

GTX

Right now I'm downstairs messing with my electronics bench.
I'm going to try to get some work done on the house and when it's not so cold out I'd like to get out and try to work on the car although it's looking like about August for that  the way things are going.

Also counting down the days until I go to Vegas and escape the cold and inversion for a while.  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

R2

I took the Charger out today,,,,was actually nice enough to do it,,,,winter hasnt been too bad so far here,,NO SNOW....and mid 40's w/sun....I can get used to this Kentucky weather,,,i am used to getting hammered in Michigan....

I also painted and re-did the side trim on the belvedere today,,,turned out pretty good,,,,

Khyron

what do I plan on doing?

sulking till I can drive my Charger again. This is killing me already!!!!!!!!!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BLACKWOLF

AMEN! dodgechargerguy. i won't lay out in the snow and cold either.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

4402tuff4u

Working the two jobs to keep the body shop and machine shop working on my Charger. 
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

andy74

i plan on tinkering on the charger when cash allows,and drinking enough beer to keep molson/coors in bizz till spring.i am heading south in february,and already am looking forward to it!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RD on December 19, 2005, 11:23:58 AM
hibernate   :sleep:
Me too! :yesnod:

Actually, I'm finishing a couple rooms downstairs...our house had an unfinished basement. We slapped up sheetrock a while ago, now it's time to mud...messy job.
I discovered yesterday that mud isn't too tough to apply to the walls, but the ceiling is a whole 'nuther matter...there's no guarantees on how it's gonna look when I'm done. :eyes:
I think I ended up wearing as much mud as the small section of the ceiling I worked on. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

4402tuff4u

That's one thing I hate to do - spackling! I'll do any other type of work but spackle. I dont have the patience for it. Good luck CF! :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ChgrSteve67

I'm going to work on saving up more money to spend on the Charger next Summer.

I do have a few things to mess with if I start having withdrawls but until next year she will sit in the garage tucked away under the car cover.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on December 19, 2005, 01:03:14 PM
That's one thing I hate to do - spackling! I'll do any other type of work but spackle. I dont have the patience for it. Good luck CF! :icon_smile_big:
I'm hoping a rough texture will hide my mudding & taping boo-boo's. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 19, 2005, 12:10:35 PM
I think I ended up wearing as much mud as the small section of the ceiling I worked on. :smilielol:

NOW THAT you should have pictures of ;D
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 19, 2005, 04:01:38 PM

Me or the ceiling?  ;)
My Son was gonna take a pic, but the batteries were dead...awww, what a shame.  :lol:

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 19, 2005, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 19, 2005, 04:01:38 PM

Me or the ceiling?   ;)
My Son was gonna take a pic, but the batteries were dead...awww, what a shame.   :lol:

Both, that would of been great convesation pics :D
PETE

MichaelRW

Just finished putting a new 3rd member in my 3.55 rear end, and yeah!!! the whine is finally gone. Upgraded my factory A/C with new compressor, drier, hoses and clamps. Next pull the dash and send it in for new plastic chrome around the guages, install new woodgrain kit and send the wood grain steering wheel in for refurbishment. And hopefully find a stereo shop that can get my 8 track to work. The Am radio part of it does work.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

greenpigs

Pay off a few bills and start saving for a house..again. Getting a house with at least a two garage is the priority now. I've had my charger going on 16 years so 6 months isn't long to wait.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Old Moparz

Quote from: RD on December 19, 2005, 11:23:58 AM
hibernate   :sleep:
Me too! :yesnod:

Actually, I'm finishing a couple rooms downstairs...our house had an unfinished basement. We slapped up sheetrock a while ago, now it's time to mud...messy job.
I discovered yesterday that mud isn't too tough to apply to the walls, but the ceiling is a whole 'nuther matter...there's no guarantees on how it's gonna look when I'm done. :eyes:

Hey Charger Fan,

If you're going to do a lot of sanding, (Like me, since I'm not good at spackling) you may want to try one of these to cut back on the dust mess. It goes between a shop vac & the sanding & the water catches the dust before it gets to the shop vac. The water almost looks like a white milk shake, but don't drink it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005A1K8/002-5019907-8268814?v=glance&n=228013

I bought one when I had a lot of drywall to do & it works good. Just make sure the hose connections don't come apart. I was sanding inside a new walk in closet, & when there was no more suction I figured the hose came off. It did, but the bedroom had this thick, white, dust fog. It was friggen' great, I had a nice, dust free closet, but it took me 3 hours to clean the bedroom I didn't want a mess in.   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 19, 2005, 06:46:10 PM

I bought one when I had a lot of drywall to do & it works good. Just make sure the hose connections don't come apart. I was sanding inside a new walk in closet, & when there was no more suction I figured the hose came off. It did, but the bedroom had this thick, white, dust fog. It was friggen' great, I had a nice, dust free closet, but it took me 3 hours to clean the bedroom I didn't want a mess in.     :smilielol:
Ya know...that sounds exactly like something that would happen to me.  :brickwall: :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for the idea though, it sounds pretty good & not too expensive either. I wasn't looking forward to having the whole basement covered in dust...not to mention the rest that will be tracked upstairs.