News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gran Turismo 5

Started by trev0006, November 14, 2007, 03:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trev0006

Dodge video collection

Charger74

Quote from: trev0006 on November 14, 2007, 03:56:25 PM
Gran Turismo 5

Killer game.  Never completed 4, but not ready to plunk down the dough for the PS3 just to play this.  Just wish they would make the license test a little easier to pass.

bordin34

I was not impressed by the Demo. The demo, GT HD, was exactly like GT4, and had only one track. I will be buying GT5 however.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Ponch ®

actually the prospect of that game is what has prevented me from selling my PS3 (I haven't touched it since I completed GTAIV over two years ago). I've been a huge fan of the GT games and this one looks insane. I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the word, but whenever a new GTA or Gran Turismo games comes out, I'm one of those dorks that shows up at Walmart or Gamestop at midnight on the day of the release, then spend the next month glued to the TV.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

I have no desire to own a ps3. So, I'll never play GT5 unless they decide to open it to X-Box360
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

furbyboy

Mike DC

I never got too into the Gran Turismo series.  

They're a bit too real for my taste.  I have more fun playing video games when some of the reality is toned down.  

miller

Quote from: furbyboy on July 08, 2010, 11:27:42 AM
there will be 68 charger in gt5
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/automotive-news/181936-ps3s-gran-turismo-5-complete-list-of-cars.html

That is simply a wish list, no real list has been confirmed. There will be a 1970 Charger R/T 440, 1971 Charger Hemi, and 1970 Challenger along with all of the other muslce cars from GT4 and Grand Turismo PSP. Pause the video at 21 seconds to see them.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30342/bigger

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 09, 2010, 04:49:43 AM

They're a bit too real for my taste.  I have more fun playing video games when some of the reality is toned down.  

Mario Kart?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

That's pretty far the other direction.  I like more of a happy medium. 

The most fun driving game I've ever played was one for the Nintendo 64.  It was like "Sega Top Gear Rally" or something like that.  I've played others since then but none have matched it as a whole.  It wasn't technically perfect, it was just fun to sit there and play.

There was a glitch in the game where they didn't make the sidewalls of the tracks cause any friction, and you could bang along against them like it was a smooth greased guardrail.  It was clearly just an error on the part of the designers but it made the game more fun for it.