News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok so how to do dealings?

Started by Axels73Charger, July 08, 2010, 12:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axels73Charger

Ok I put up a thread that I wanted a 73/74 Dodge charger right? I put my email up and some one emailed me. He lives in vermont AZ and I live in Wisconsin. So 19 hour trip... Any way hes asking for a "down payment" which I guess means the cars mine if I pay for it so he can "hold it". But I dont trust ANYONE (ok maybe 2 or 3 people) when it comes to my hard earned money. How do I do this? Hes sending me pics. And he may call me and we'll have a talk. Some one scamms me hells gunna open up.  :flame: But I dout this'll happen.  :smilielol: Hes a member here. His names 3rdgencharger. If you've bought anything thing from him please tell me. Im just trying not to get burned thats all.
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

68X426

You should consider an escrow service, licensed and regulated, such as https://www.escrow.com/solutions/escrow/index.asp

Background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

Their fees seem quite reasonable to me. I AM NOT ENDORSING THIS COMPANY. I have no info or experience about their performance, but simply suggesting you explore using some type of service, whether on-line or physically located in your state(s), to help manage the money (assuming this is big bucks).

Personally I would give no deposit until I inspected the car, then either the entire amount (and drive away) - or - use a escrow service and arrange delivery :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Skyview69

My advise is to find something closer to home so you can personally inspect it.  73-74 Chargers are not too hard to find.  :Twocents:

Darkman

Or pay a couple of hundred to get an inspection done
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Axels73Charger

Ideas are good. Guy wants to talk to my father and make sure its all cool with him. If its not then no hard feelings and hes gunna sell it for more. Its sounds like it maybe all cool.
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.