News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Average cost of interior color change?

Started by kkingvette, June 21, 2010, 11:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkingvette

im about to start the build on my 69 charger. it has a tan original interior and i am wanting to change it over to black. does anybody have a ballpark on what this costs? and the best place to order the interior pieces

oldcarnut

Depending on what all your planning on changing you can look up stuff here. http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/files/ChryslerCatalog.pdf    or you could dye most of it black if everything is in good shape for a lot less.

kkingvette

id like to just go back with a factory black interior, maybe change the seats. how does that dye hold up?

no318

Quote from: kkingvette on June 22, 2010, 05:21:27 PM
id like to just go back with a factory black interior, maybe change the seats. how does that dye hold up?

Amazingly well if prepped well.  I have not used it on seats or anything high wear, but on trim and even door panels, it does well.

oldcarnut

This is the interior I dyed everything to match in my the Firebird I redid.  The seats were black, the trim a different blue, and the door panels were new but 2 diff shades.  Prepping is the key and super important.  I bought the dye by the quart and use a spray gun.  So far has worked well. 

tylerk

Can you post some pics of that tan before you spray it over? I'm spraying all of my green tan, need some reference shots if you wouldn't mind.  :cheers:

kobrie38

Sorry for the necro, but would this dye work for a dark to light color change, black to white?

doctor4766

I dyed my black doortrims to a buckskin color but had the seats retrimmed.
Don't think the dye would hold up too well in the long term for seats since there's usually a lot of movement on those.
Albeit the back seat doesn't get as much movement these days since they shut down most of the drive in movies here  :brickwall:
Gotta love a '69

Back N Black

Quote from: kobrie38 on July 06, 2010, 05:33:26 AM
Sorry for the necro, but would this dye work for a dark to light color change, black to white?

I went from white to black, no problem at all.  :2thumbs: