News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trying too gain some compression and hp what would you reccomend???

Started by 440charger68, June 28, 2010, 11:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440charger68

so its a 1968 318 motor original motor in my 68 charger i hear 68 318's are the best?? well i already changed out intake, headers, carb, and cam now im onto heads. Should i just port and polish the original heads and have em shaved down for more compression or should i go with the 318 casting #302 closed chamber heads?? just looking for a cheap way 2 gain hp and solve my compression issue what do u guys suggest? :scratchchin:
life's a garden, dig it.

chargd72

Got a set of 302s for my 318. Cheap way to bump up compression if no valve work is needed.  :Twocents:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.

chargd72

Unfortunately, I can't answer that question. I bought my car as practically a shell and just recently fired up the stock engine for the first time. The car is in no driving condition so I won't be able to feel the difference when I install them.

From what I've read, the closed chambers will give you about .75 in compression. Adding nail head valves instead of the stock tulip valves will add just a little bit more.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger