News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF Legendary ???? Vinyl tops.......where have you gotten yours?

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, July 06, 2010, 11:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Just got off the phone with a saleswoman from Legendary for a white vinyl top for my 69 B5 car,she says it is a special order and 20% increase in price as the 69,70 chargers were'nt available with white vinyl tops. :slap:
She asked about the deck width either 41'' or 37'',41'' is for sunroof cars and 37'' would be for non sunroof(obviously).The one on my car is not orig,and was replaced roughly 12-13 years ago and I  want  to replace it again with a brand new one.Just want to see where you guys that have done this bought yours from and want to verify the width so it is correct.

hemi68charger

Too bad it's a '69.. I have a brand new '68 vinyl top I'm going to sell, but unlike '69, the '68's have a wee bit of pearl in it and they are different....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Just 6T9 CHGR

Huh?   I got my black top from them last year with no problems  $110 shipped to my door (running a special)

What width are you referring to Paul?  The seam width?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Chris,yours is black,no problem there,they say white was not a factory color?????And is an extra 20% and has to be custom made?????
Just measured mine,it is 37'' seam to seam.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Um... talk to someone different at legendary.  that's where mine came from a few years ago on the 69.

Ryan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 06, 2010, 12:48:22 PM
Chris,yours is black,no problem there,they say white was not a factory color?????And is an extra 20% and has to be custom made?????
Just measured mine,it is 37'' seam to seam.

I agree with Ryan...

Mine is 37" as well
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

az69rtcharger

Year One sells the white top #KT149WHT for $199.00, I know sometimes they sell Legendary Products so I would say talk to someone different at Legendary

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Troy

Call Dante and get the Legendary top cheaper then Legendary will sell it for (and no dumb markups for nonexistent options).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69 OUR/TEA

I geuss I'll try and find a vendor at Carlisle that has them.

bsakal

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

tan top

Quote from: az69rtcharger on July 06, 2010, 02:49:50 PM
Year One sells the white top #KT149WHT for $199.00, I know sometimes they sell Legendary Products so I would say talk to someone different at Legendary

got  all mine at yearone !!  made by Keetops ,  awesome  product  :yesnod:
also phoned legendary a few years back asking if they had any NOS TAN vinyl  roof  material (longstory)  , as  read about a guy buying his from them  :yesnod: , anyway   , the guy on the phone said  no sorry mopar & 69 chargers never had a tantop  :think: :ahum:
now they offer one in Tan  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

stuga

got mine a legendary also.I  wasn't to happy with the machine print pattern on it.

billssuperbird

bill440rt

Another vote for Legendary here, too.  :wave:

BTW, although Dante's has some great prices and he's a GREAT person to deal with, I've always purchased most of my interior stuff directly thru Legendary. I've somehow gotten better prices dealing directly with Legendary than Dante. (Show specials, etc)
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Bossman963

Hemi68charger you say that you going to sell a vynl top for a 68 ?? let me know, specs coloer $$$ etc as Im might be looking for a top for my 68 email me direct if U like bluebugman2@sbcglobal.net
thx Mike
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

chargerrt

White tops not original for '69 and '70s?  Ask them if they've ever heard of a white hat special...

ACUDANUT

I get mine from Hardens mopar muscle world in Missouri. They have the correct seam and are made here in the USA

blue69

I think the tops were originally a off-white, more of a pearl. Maybe the the special order was for a bright white top. My top was white, but I had it made at a local upholstery shop. Over time with age/dirt it turned off-white.

AKcharger

I'd go through a vendor, they're cheaper than dealing direct with legendary (Y/O, Layson's ect.)

DAY CLONA

Ask for Steve at Legendary, rather than some uninformed "sales woman",....or go thru Dante',...I do however recommend the Legendary top over Kee's top, take the time to do a "lay-out" of the top before commiting to the actual glueing. as Legendary trims the excess mat'l to a minimum, no room for misalignment,......measure twice, glue/cut once!

Mike

Iceyone

I had no idea vinyl tops were different on 68 Chargers. I'll be looking for a new white top for mine eventually. BTW I distinctly remember the white top on my dad's brand new red and white 69 SE, back in 1969. I also remember the white top on my red and white 70 SE back in 1982.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

69 OUR/TEA

All set,went to Legendary at Carlisle this weekend,they DID realize it is a mistake in their catalog,ordered it @ 15% discount.Thanks guys