News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who sells hub/rotor assembly

Started by NHCharger, July 05, 2010, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Need a new hub rotor assembly for my 72 Charger. Who sells these beside Year One? Year One wants $269.00, not including shipping.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

JeffYoung

I got a set at Carquest but the price was about the same.  Not cheap.

quapman

Autozone has em for about $85, but I think they're special order.

gtx6970

Quote from: quapman on July 05, 2010, 04:34:31 PM
Autozone has em for about $85, but I think they're special order.

for a 72 ?

tricky lugnuts

Ah, one of my least favorite parts for my Charger, even though I'd much rather have the power disc setup than a manual or power drum setup.

Got a set of rotors for my '71 from Auto Zone a couple years ago. Try shopping at autozone.com to see if they still have them and how much they would cost. They were way cheaper than Year One and I haven't had any problems in terms of the part, but I'd guess they would be special order in most cases.

With that kind of investment in rotors, do yourself a favor and make sure your wheel bearings and brake pads are good - regularly!!!

NHCharger

Hmm, I will try Autozone

Quote from: tricky lugnuts on July 05, 2010, 07:06:42 PM
With that kind of investment in rotors, do yourself a favor and make sure your wheel bearings and brake pads are good - regularly!!!
That's what got me in trouble. One wheel had too much play so I decided to install new bearings since I'm driving to Carlisle Thursday, got what I thought was some good ones (Federal). The back bearing didn't seem right, even thou it had the same part # stamped on it as the old one (Timkin) and was the same size. Took the car for a test drive and immediately the wheel made a funny noise, by the time I turned around and got home it was not good. Back bearing had disintegrated and gouged the inside of the hub, lucky the spindle was Ok. Ended up taking the hub off my 71 Charger.
BTW, the Federal bearings were made in China.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

tricky lugnuts

Did a quick autozone.com search and they're showing $79.99 each with a two-year warranty:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Brake-Rotor-Front/1971-Dodge-Charger/_/N-iq2wgZ8knrq?counter=0&itemIdentifier=772301_0_0_

Looks like special order stuff at all stores. I got my mine about five years ago and have had no problems. Just take care of them and keep good bearings in them packed with good, clean grease rated for high temperatures. I usually at least check the adjustment of my wheel bearings every two oil changes or so. At least that's the goal. Figure pull them apart, clean them and repack them once a year or so to be safe.

I had a bearing wipe one of mine out, too. Except all it did was make the inner bearing race start to spin - seemingly for no reason - and I could never find a way to get it to be held securely. So an otherwise perfectly good rotor was trashed. But at $79.99 each you can buy quite a few for what Year One is asking, and they probably are the same rotor anyway. Looks like Auto Zone is stocking DuraLast.

NHCharger

Yep, ordered one from Auto Zone, they said it would be in sometime after 3 on Wednesday. Also getting the grease seal and both bearings. total is $ 122.00
Thanks for all the replies on short notice :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

quapman

How'd you make out with the Autozone rotor?

NHCharger

Quote from: quapman on July 31, 2010, 08:19:58 PM
How'd you make out with the Autozone rotor?

Fine, it's exactly the same as the hub/rotor that got damaged by the bad bearing. i ended up ordering new rotors and pads for my 71 since both are rather thin a one has some serious grooves in the rotor. I'm now having an issue with the wheel seals being a different shape than the ones that came out. See my post in this section.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel