News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think? Are R/T stripes cheesy on a non-R/T?

Started by bull, December 18, 2005, 03:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

IMHO, if it has a Big block in it now, go for it.  It's your car and your way.  Putting stripes on a charger with a 318 under the hood is just wrong. But, then again who cares, it still looks better :Twocents:

Ghoste

I'd rather see RT stripes on a car with a 318 under the hood than 440 tags on a body that housed a 318.  :o

ck1

Quote from: HeavyFuel on September 25, 2012, 09:31:08 AM
Quote from: ck1 on September 23, 2012, 10:40:01 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on September 11, 2012, 07:21:11 PM

I agree that the stripe adds to the car's looks.......but it is called an R/T stripe for a reason.  :scratchchin:

My R/T is a stripe delete car........how's that for throwing a wrench into it?

I'm gonna leave it off mine for a while......trying to resto back to stock  (except for the color).

correction bumblebee stripe, cornet superbees got them and they weren't R/T

Yeah....OK.....whatever.   You're splittin' hairs. 

We're talking about Chargers here, and in that regard it is commonly known as an R/T stripe.  (See the title of this thread?)
or uncommonly charger 500 stripe :nana: I was trying to get BULLS goat on the title of this thread, your just a Innocent bystander and its my opinion he should put one on his beautiful car it would do it justice on all the hard work and money he's put into his car, no commoner would know the difference on wether it belongs or not just the weirdo purest like a few of us :image_294343:
CJK

bull

Still don't know what I'm going to do but hey, it's the least of my concerns right now. I'm still worrying about getting it in to one piece. ;)

Bobs69

bull

If I do it I'll be choosing between silver and black.

Dino

Quote from: bull on October 01, 2012, 07:05:28 PM

Both would look great on a black 68, you can't go wrong with either.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Consider this.
If you put it on & don't like it after a while, just peel it off. Tape stripes give you that option.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Bill is right.  However, if you wait too long, you could peel off the stripe and have a slightly different shade of paint under the stripe vs. the rest of the paint on the car.  That is what I am worried about with the red on my charger should I decide to remove the stripe. :brickwall:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fred

Quote from: Dino on October 02, 2012, 06:42:12 AM

If and when I do mine over again, I'm going with the black.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 02, 2012, 10:42:02 PM

Should have done it right the first time.

Bob T

White or tomato red ones on a black car are the only options in my humble opinion
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

The silver look good too.  If its not a stock setup any color will work with black.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 03, 2012, 04:08:07 AM
Quote from: Fred on October 02, 2012, 10:42:02 PM

Should have done it right the first time.

I did it right. It's exactly what I wanted.  But a change is as good as a holiday. Or so they say.

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on October 03, 2012, 05:29:01 AM
The silver look good too.  If its not a stock setup any color will work with black.

Lets face it, they all look good. It's the stripe that counts.

bull

When I see pics like this one I really see no reason to bother with a stripe. It looks great without one.

JB400

When it comes down to it, do you want a horse or a zebra?  If your trying to be a tiger, you have to earn your stripes :D :2thumbs:

Bob T

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 31, 2012, 11:11:46 PM
When it comes down to it, do you want a horse or a zebra?  If your trying to be a tiger, you have to earn your stripes :D :2thumbs:

Yeah maybe, but on the other side of the coin, I like the idea of the Wolf running with the Sheep sans stripes  ;)
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bobs69

Quote from: bull on October 31, 2012, 10:17:07 PM
When I see pics like this one I really see no reason to bother with a stripe. It looks great without one.

Less is more.  It's perfect.

Ghoste

I like the stripe because I happen to like it but I fully agree with Bull, the car looks just as tough without it.  Put it on because you like stripes but know that Chargers don't need them.