News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think? Are R/T stripes cheesy on a non-R/T?

Started by bull, December 18, 2005, 03:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

Quote from: cdr on September 14, 2012, 03:22:54 PM
that is a lot HARDER to choose  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:
Especially when they are both in the same room with you.  Anyone know anybody that lucky?

nvrbdn

something as simple as stripe or no stripe, and now the choice is harder. :D
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ck1

Quote from: HeavyFuel on September 11, 2012, 07:21:11 PM

I agree that the stripe adds to the car's looks.......but it is called an R/T stripe for a reason.  :scratchchin:

My R/T is a stripe delete car........how's that for throwing a wrench into it?

I'm gonna leave it off mine for a while......trying to resto back to stock  (except for the color).

correction bumblebee stripe, cornet superbees got them and they weren't R/T
CJK

JB400

That's because it was part of a special group called the Scat Pack.  Any Mopar that would get in the 14 sec. quarter mile would qualify. If they made it, they earned their stripes.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: ck1 on September 23, 2012, 10:40:01 AM

I agree that the stripe adds to the car's looks.......but it is called an R/T stripe for a reason.  :scratchchin:

I'm gonna leave it off mine for a while......trying to resto back to stock  (except for the color).

Yeah....OK.....whatever.   You're splittin' hairs. 

We're talking about Chargers here, and in that regard it is commonly known as an R/T stripe.  (See the title of this thread?)

JB400

Quote from: HeavyFuel on September 25, 2012, 09:31:08 AM

We're talking about Chargers here, and in that regard it is commonly known as an R/T stripe.  (See the title of this thread?)
They're called both.  Don't get your panties in a knot.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 25, 2012, 12:12:43 PM

They're called both.  Don't get your panties in a knot.
Why are you concerned about my panties, newbie?

JB400

Quote from: HeavyFuel on September 25, 2012, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 25, 2012, 12:12:43 PM

I agree that the stripe adds to the car's looks.......but it is called an R/T stripe for a reason.  :scratchchin:

I'm gonna leave it off mine for a while......trying to resto back to stock  (except for the color).

Yeah....OK.....whatever.   You're splittin' hairs.  

We're talking about Chargers here, and in that regard it is commonly known as an R/T stripe.  (See the title of this thread?)
They're called both.  Don't get your panties in a knot.
Why are you concerned about my panties, newbie?
Let's not go there  :eek2: :eek2: :lol:

smasherofall

Hi,  been gone for a while but finally got my car painted after 24 years, 383 2bbl originally, non R/T, GG1 green car:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

smasherofall

cdr

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

They do.  It's almost a little sad they weren't available on all of the second gen Chargers.

Dino

I always liked the 68 stripe but never liked the 69 and 70 stripe.  I also never wanted a vinyl top on my car.  Now that I've been driving it around for a year I'm slowly starting to lean the other way.  All I need now is that hood treatment thing in satin black.  Funny how our opinions will change, although I still love a non top, non stripe car.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

I like all three equally but for different reasons.

nvrbdn

not to change the subject drastically, but did you guys see the treatment they did on counting cars with the gun metal grey 72? they made the satin black hood dressing around the scoop, the quarter panels like the cuda had, and a section of the trunk lid. i actually thought it looked pretty good that way. :shruggy: never seen the trunk done like a fat stripe but only on the trunk lid itself.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 27, 2012, 11:53:06 AM
not to change the subject drastically, but did you guys see the trweatment they did on counting cars with the gun metal grey 72? they made the satin black hood dressing around the scoop, the quarter panels like the cuda had, and a section of the trunk lid. i actually thought it looked pretty good that way. :shruggy: never seen the trunk done like a fat stripe but only on the trunk lid itself.

That sounds pretty good actually, I'll have to look it up.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GOTWING

I would put the rump stripe on but no R/T badges if it's not an R/T. I'm sure dealers put them on non R/T's if asked by a customer at the time of purchase. :icon_smile_big:

41husk

They almost look naked W/O the stripe.  That swhy I put it on my 68.  Loved that 73 on counting cars the billboards on the quarters looked great and 25 K for a 73 is good $ on that car! :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

firefighter3931

Luv the stripe....if it's a 68 gotta have the bumble bee stripe !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Which magazine hack back in the day commented, "these cars are so fast they almost got past the striper"?