News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think? Are R/T stripes cheesy on a non-R/T?

Started by bull, December 18, 2005, 03:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Oh, a tip for those putting a stripe on during paint. Put it on over the base coat, scuff it, then shoot clear over the whole car. While not "original" it is a MILLION times easier to wax over than the regular stripe which requires vynal sprays (like armor all)

Bob T

R/T stripes also increase your 60Ft times by 0.4, everyone knows it  :lol:

Putting them on really woke up my old 68 RR1 white top 318 car in the looks dept
Funny enough, I have a brand new spare white set of stripes as well but I can bring myself to put them on my black car as it originally was a stripe delete car and am enjoying the black full panel look  :icon_smile_cool:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on September 10, 2012, 01:29:35 AM
R/T stripes also increase your 60Ft times by 0.4, everyone knows it  :lol:

Putting them on really woke up my old 68 RR1 white top 318 car in the looks dept
Funny enough, I have a brand new spare white set of stripes as well but I can bring myself to put them on my black car as it originally was a stripe delete car and am enjoying the black full panel look  :icon_smile_cool:

No.........  the hemi makes the difference. The R/T stripe makes a difference in how good the car looks.  :nana:   :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

:nana: :ohhthesarcasm:
Quote from: Fred on September 10, 2012, 02:18:47 AM

Funny enough, I have a brand new spare white set of stripes as well but I can bring myself to put them on my black car as it originally was a stripe delete car and am enjoying the black full panel look  :icon_smile_cool:

No.........  the hemi makes the difference. The R/T stripe makes a difference in how good the car looks.  :nana:   :icon_smile_big:
Your talking about the badge of the door right. :nana: :ohhthesarcasm:

bill440rt

Avoid the sprays & waxes on the stripe. If you put a vinyl protectant on a flat black stripe you'll never get the streaks out of it.
I've got a flat black stripe on my '68 going on almost 15 years now, I don't put anything on it other than perhaps a light mist of detailer on a rag first. Don't let wax get on it, either.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Quote from: resq302 on September 09, 2012, 09:25:38 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on September 09, 2012, 08:57:16 PM
Yes I probably would, especially considering the 1968 stripe has no R/T call out....and it looks cool. :icon_smile_wink:

Neither does the 70 stripe!  Which makes it perfect for my car!

That's going on my car as well.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 10, 2012, 04:04:28 AM
:nana: :ohhthesarcasm:
Quote from: Fred on September 10, 2012, 02:18:47 AM

No.........  the hemi makes the difference. The R/T stripe makes a difference in how good the car looks.  :nana:   :icon_smile_big:
Your talking about the badge of the door right. :nana: :ohhthesarcasm:

That's exactly right.  :icon_smile_big:

1BAD68

I put the stripes on my 318 car. There was one 68 Charger last Saturday at a show that didn't have the stripes and it looked really strange to me.

JB400

Ghoste

Brass

Just say "yes" to cigarette stripes.   :icon_smile_cool:  I'm really enjoying this thread.  I've actually gone back and forth on this a lot.  Chargers are long and the stripes break it up a little but is that really a good thing?  They also seem to interrupt the flow.  Anyway, I think it's absolutely okay for a non-R/T to have the stripes.  But I don't think R/T badges will ever adorn my car, even with upgrades. 

Ghoste

Brass

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2012, 06:17:05 PM
So no love for the 69 stripe then?

They're fine but I would be less inclined to have them if I had a 69 XP car.  Anyone else - go for it.

JB400

Anybody thought of a reverse hockey stripe?  I'd say from the door indents tapering back to the edge of the rear quarter window.  Put a badge or a script where the hemi badge would go.  Just a thought.  I kind of dig the rear stripes on an Aussie charger as well. :coolgleamA:

bull

Fred

There's only one stripe my Mrs. doesn't like. No prize for guessing.  :flame:  :icon_smile_big:

tan top

:scratchchin:  think i would leave the stripe off !!  if it were me , cause its not on the fender tag   :yesnod: but , look awesome with the twin bumblebee  :drool5:  i sort of prefer the 68 stripe over a 69  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :-\
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

I've seen stripes similar to the reverse hocky stick you describe.  I dunno, that double diamond side profile makes a side stripe hard to do.

chargermike

its your car..to hell with the purest. i have a 70 500. and painted the 69 500 stripe on mine. i get shit about it cause they did not put them on 70s. who the hell cares. it looks great. build them and drive them the way you want. its yours.  :Twocents:

bull

Quote from: tan top on September 11, 2012, 03:29:55 AM
:scratchchin:  think i would leave the stripe off !!  if it were me , cause its not on the fender tag   :yesnod: but , look awesome with the twin bumblebee  :drool5:  i sort of prefer the 68 stripe over a 69  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :-\

Well, that fender tag has become more of a suggestion than a set of rules. One of the most glaring defiances I've committed is turning TT1 into BB1.

Ghoste

bull

What is the difference between the 69 and 70 tail stripe?

b5blue

Ghoste

Yes, that was why I asked about love for the 69 stripe.

JB400

Which do you like, the R/T or the stripe itself?  Same style both years.  Only good for making clones.  If it didn't say R/T on the stripe or the rest of the car,  general public wouldn't know it was or wasn't